[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Ocho Cinco for Peyton Manning

Big Dogs

So, I've got Ocho sitting on my roster, and I'm a big fan of selling high, and I was just offered Peyton Manning for CJ.

I've got Grossman/Kitna starting for me, so I can definitely use an upgrade at QB, but after the last two weeks, I can't really believe Chad will continue pulling in these 35+ point games, and he'll settle back into normal stud WR production.

Also, I start three WR's, so my remaining options would be Reggie W, Stallworth, & Evans. I could probably get TJ Housh off of the same guy, but not sure I want him.....

Thoughts anyone on why I shouldn't pull the trigger quickly???

Actual line up is below in sig line

I like the addition of Manning to your team, especially since the Bengals have a brutal schedule coming up.

But does Indy sit Manning during FF playoffs? Chicago has a cake schedule during the same weeks so I'd probably stay with Grossman as my QB and keep CJ.

True but just be careful, bengals will be playing hardcore for the playoffs and colts will have already got that. I wouldnt be surprised if Dungy lets Manning play, but he wont push him or make him throw 3 tds a game if its not neccessary.

If Indy has any chance to, unlike last year, actually take advantage of home-field this year, Dungy is going to have to not only play his starters throughout (at least thru week #16 like I already said), but play them to their fullest; not calling vanilla offensive plays for Peyton & Co a prime example.

Edited by r00kiemonster

my vote is to keep CJ

I myself have CJ, kept him in even through the bad times, and am so reeping the bennies. However, I must admit, that final three-game stretch (@Ind, @Den, Pit) is at least something to pay a bit of mind to. Being that they play Oak the week before Indy, he has a big enough game there, even if Indy's D does 'wake up' to '05 regular season form, you should have yourself a good 1st rd playoff performance there. As for the final game? At Denver, by all means, is the biggest hurdle, and the Steelers nothing to laugh at either way you cut it. Even if they are out of it by then which they most likely will be, they're still gonna play for pride like all Cowher teams do. Of course I won't bench him for the playoffs, especially if he's playing for his own playoffs, but it's worth some conversation at least.

Edited by r00kiemonster

I myself have CJ, kept him in even through the bad times, and am so reeping the bennies. However, I must admit, that final three-game stretch (@Ind, @Den, Pit) is at least something to pay a bit of mind to. Being that they play Oak the week before Indy, he has a big enough game there, even if Indy's D does 'wake up' to '05 regular season form, you should have yourself a good 1st rd playoff performance there. As for the final game? At Denver, by all means, is the biggest hurdle, and the Steelers nothing to laugh at either way you cut it. Even if they are out of it by then which they most likely will be, they're still gonna play for pride like all Cowher teams do. Of course I won't bench him for the playoffs, especially if he's playing for his own playoffs, but it's worth some conversation at least.

This is my exact concern. Chad won't put up the superhuman numbers he has put up the last two weeks over the next few weeks, and I really need to win the next two games just to make it to our playoffs in this given league, and Indy's playing a deflated Philly team and Tennessee over the next couple weeks.

Damn, I hate trying to make these kinds of decisions.....:D