[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Pitt homers

BlueCrue

Update: I love the last line. :D

http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/06329/741154-66.stm

Steelers Notebook: Ward practices as injured knee feels better

Saturday, November 25, 2006

By Gene Collier, Pittsburgh Post-Gazette

Hines Ward caught a short red-zone flip from Ben Roethlisberger and ran it for a touchdown near the end of practice yesterday, his first serious preparation for the Baltimore Ravens this week.

Though he didn't participate in the entire practice and the Steelers continue to list him as questionable, the Pro Bowl wideout was at least moderately encouraged.

"I pushed it, but I didn't push it to 100 percent," Ward said of the knee that was injured in the fourth quarter of the game at Cleveland last week.

"[Trainer] John [Norwig] taped it up like he would for a game, and I've been taking a lot of extra treatment, seems like 24 hours of treatment. From where I started Monday to where I was [yesterday], it's improved dramatically."

Asked if the Ravens might target the injury tomorrow, Ward said, "Knowing them, probably so."

Update: I love the last line. :D

http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/06329/741154-66.stm

Steelers Notebook: Ward practices as injured knee feels better

Saturday, November 25, 2006

By Gene Collier, Pittsburgh Post-Gazette

Hines Ward caught a short red-zone flip from Ben Roethlisberger and ran it for a touchdown near the end of practice yesterday, his first serious preparation for the Baltimore Ravens this week.

Though he didn't participate in the entire practice and the Steelers continue to list him as questionable, the Pro Bowl wideout was at least moderately encouraged.

"I pushed it, but I didn't push it to 100 percent," Ward said of the knee that was injured in the fourth quarter of the game at Cleveland last week.

"[Trainer] John [Norwig] taped it up like he would for a game, and I've been taking a lot of extra treatment, seems like 24 hours of treatment. From where I started Monday to where I was [yesterday], it's improved dramatically."

Asked if the Ravens might target the injury tomorrow, Ward said, "Knowing them, probably so."

Yeah, cause we all know if Mason had a sore knee the Steelers would make sure to avoid hitting him there..... :D