[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Beer: what's your day-to-day and/or favs

BeeR

In winter, which here in Houston is relative:

Left Hand Milk Stout - incredibly good, creamy stout, mmmm

Sam Smith's Imperial Stout - a classic

Any "Wet Hop" I can get my hands on, both Great Divide and Sierra Neveda had excellent wet hop beers this year

The other 11 months:

Breckenridge 471 ESB - a malty, delicious ESB

St. Arnold's Ellissa - yummy, local IPA

St Arnold's lawnmower - nothing better on a warm Houston day.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In winter I tend to drink darker heavier beers...in a pinch I'll go Yuengling's Black n Tan but also bounce around between mostly "amber" types eg Killians etc. Push comes to shove I can always play it safe with stuff like Becks.

Once in awhile I'll pay more for something like English beer etc. Not a big Guinness fan, IMO it's way way overrated as it's not consistent enough - ie sometimes it's good sometimes not. Although when it is, it's very good.

And once in a great while I'll try some microbrew just for something different, but IMO most are also overrated and people buy them just to try and "look cool" or whatever. last time I paid $8 for a 6 of I think it was called Dogfish Ale. It sucked.

Also don't drink any beer that has or appears to have any fruit flavoring or honey or whatever. That's what yuppies from hell drink. Might as well grab a freakin wine cooler.

Sounds like you described more college people than the cool crowd.

My most frequent beer I buy on the fly: Bud Light

I will do the occasional Guiness and I love Newcastle but only on tap. I don't get into any fancy beers or microbrews as If I wanted to taste an overabundance of hops, I'd just assume go out and grab some off the vine, fill my mouth up, and start chewing.

ETA: I do like Yuengling also

Edited by jaxfactor