[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Week 14 Gamblers (Anonymous) Thread

Steeltown Dre

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The NFL killed me tonight but the NBA didn't let me down. Suh-weet!

NFL worked fine for me tonight.

NFL worked fine for me tonight.

Nice call on the teaser. Me thinking the Steelers would win by 10 and not deducting anything from Clev's 14 points for a rookie QB, you think I would have Pitt -1 and over 27. Instead I took Clev +15 and over 27.5.

The weather ended up not being bad at all - over reaction by the line dropping to 33.

My model was good in predicting both an Over and Pitt to cover.

Let's try to look at the rest of the slate and serve up some winners this weekend!

the wise guys (nsab, are you connected?lol) clicked on the total on the pitt/cleveland game. starting at 36.5 early in the week, they bought down the under. and bought and bought and game time went off at 32.5. they then bought again on the over and collected both ways while really not risking a thing. thats why they are wise....lol. i missed my teaser(should have teased both sides of the total and not teams) but did hit a straight play on the steelers 1st half to break even.

some strange lines this week. i'm looking at a couple over/unders that might be strong plays. i'll be back with some insight. nice hit nsab and trots.

the wise guys (nsab, are you connected?lol) clicked on the total on the pitt/cleveland game. starting at 36.5 early in the week, they bought down the under. and bought and bought and game time went off at 32.5. they then bought again on the over and collected both ways while really not risking a thing. thats why they are wise....lol. i missed my teaser(should have teased both sides of the total and not teams) but did hit a straight play on the steelers 1st half to break even.

some strange lines this week. i'm looking at a couple over/unders that might be strong plays. i'll be back with some insight. nice hit nsab and trots.

Thanks Crisp, some big hitters worked that line for sure. And cleaned up!

OK fellow degenerates, what's next?

Raiders (+11) at Bengals

This is also an automatic play as double-digit underdogs are hitting at 58 percent. The Raiders had a horrific start to the season, and, sure, they lost as favorites to the Texans last week at home, but they covered six of their previous seven in an underdog role and are an impressive 5-0 against the spread in their last five games as an underdog of more than a touchdown. The Bengals are coming on strong, but they'll be content with a win here, so I'll certainly be taking the "insurance" on this one with such a big spread.

After a nice win against the Ravens last week and with 2 tough games ahead (@Indy and @Den) I think there's a good chance Oakland catches Cincy sleeping this week. And before I get scolded I got this from the free section of DRF.com.

Good call on the Steelers guys.

a game i'm looking at is the titans traveling to the texans. titans on a major roll, having covered 7 of the last 8. beating some good teams too. texans haven't won 2 straight games (su) in over 3 yrs. the line opened at a pickem and moved as high as the texans -2.5. right now, it stands at the texans -1. obvious choice right, the titans. nope, not for me. i remember new englands (haven't lost 2 in a row in x yrs.)little streak coming to an end. i think the texans does too.

i'm trying hard not to like the packers as much as i do this week. favre and the pack get to leave the cold crappy weather of wisconsin for a 3 day vacation to san fran. nice weather, a bottle of vino, a couple of downers for brett, all should be good. spread started at san fran -5 and has shifted to 4.5. i think this is a good spot for an underdog moneyline play. right now we get +175. i like this play alot.

saints vs. cowboys has an over/under of 47.5. in what looks to be a high scoring game, i see it falling below this number. no math or stats to back it up (in fact, most stats would go against me on this one), just a hunch that this game stays a little more conservative in the beginning. hence, i also like the first halfunder 24.

Not much time to analyze things today or tomorrow. My system is not generating any "strong" plays this weekend. Sometimes there are 5, sometimes none.

That being said, the teams it likes to win by the largest margain are SD, Chi, Cincy & Dallas.

The teams w/ the most value in the lines according to my system are AZ and Chi, but neither is a "strong play".

I already have made small plays on both. I also have a slight lean on Min and I like that Hou contrarian pick by crispirons. We still have that wagerline selection on TB, but I have not made that play yet.

I don't see any strong plays myself. There are few games that I would want to touch.

My favorite of the week is the Titans, but everyone seems convinced that is a trap bet. I don't think it is. The Titans have covered the spread 7 of 8. Bet with the trend, not against it. Titans +1

The Bengals look strong right now on both sides of the ball. The spread against the Raiders is 11. Even so, most people will probably want to play Cincy. As someone already mentioned, the double digit dogs are doing well. And Cincy has not done well at all against the spread in December. Deep down I think the Bengals will clean up on a team with little inspiration at this point, and if I had to place a bet on this game I would go Bengals. The Raiders are 5-15 against the spread on the road in December. And they are a way worse team than they were when those stats were compiled. That being said, don't bet on this game. I won't. Bengals -11.

The Broncos as 7 point dogs at San Diego smells funny. I know Merriman and the gang are poised to tee off on Cutler, but this is a division game. The Chargers have covered the spread only twice in their last nine home games with Denver. I don't feel great about having my money riding on Cutler, but I just have a feeling the Broncos can keep it close. Broncos +7

Seahawks -3 at Arizona also looks good to me. The Seahawks just have the Cardinals number, and barring some unforseen disaster, I can't imagine the Cardinals will wake up and win now, with the Seahawks on the mend, and Alexander running out of his mind. I hate to do a road favorite, but the Seahawks are 6-2 ATS with Arizona. The trend should continue. Seahawks -3

Edited by rattsass

as i have said, as well as other reputable degenerates, tough week from a handicapping standpoint. when i'm presented with such a problem, i think the wise choice (of course is not to play, but who can do that) is to take the dogs in most spots. sportsform (a football handicapping weekly) has an experts panel of picks, along with the consensus pick. the record of that consensus for the yr is 78-110 for a winning percentage of .415. pretty shabby. all 5 of the experts picked 2 games all the same way. cinci and newengland. therefore, an automatic two team parlay....... go raiders and phins. all the other consensus picks were favorites with one exception, the eagles. do these idiots seriously think no dogs cover?

i'm pulling a 4 team round robin with the picks i suggested earlier and the colts. 6 total parlays

packers/colts

packers/over cowboys vs. saints

packers/ texans

colts/over cowboys

colts/texans

texans/over cowboys vs. saints.

3 team parlay

vikings

chiefs

saints.

if i have this one rolling into tonight, i will come back and hedge the cowboys.

and my longshot parlay

packers moneyline

skins moneyline

good luck all.

Not much time to analyze things today or tomorrow. My system is not generating any "strong" plays this weekend. Sometimes there are 5, sometimes none.

That being said, the teams it likes to win by the largest margain are SD, Chi, Cincy & Dallas.

The teams w/ the most value in the lines according to my system are AZ and Chi, but neither is a "strong play".

I already have made small plays on both. I also have a slight lean on Min and I like that Hou contrarian pick by crispirons. We still have that wagerline selection on TB, but I have not made that play yet.

Pretty solid week for me. Went 3-1, winning on AZ, Chi & Min and losing on Hou in OT.

My system went pretty good as well. It liked SD, Chi, Cincy to win and all did by a large margin. The only one it predicted wrong was Dallas.

Let's get em again this week guys...

Pretty solid week for me. Went 3-1, winning on AZ, Chi & Min and losing on Hou in OT.

My system went pretty good as well. It liked SD, Chi, Cincy to win and all did by a large margin. The only one it predicted wrong was Dallas.

Let's get em again this week guys...

I had a great week. I went 13-3. My only losses were the Jets, Cowboys, and the Atl. over.