[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

RB question -- WDIS and pick up?

JetFanMike

OK, here we go -- standard league, no PPR. I start 1 RB and 1 RB/WR (who is almost always an RB); AND I can carry a maximum of 6 RB's on my roster.

Right now I have Stephen Jackson, Chester Taylor, Maurice-Jones Drew, Ronnie Brown, Cedric Benson, and

Joseph Addai. I'm starting SJax for sure this week, and then whoever is healthier of Chester or Mojo. IF I manage to advance, and everyone is healthy, Chester and Ronnie have great matchups the last 2 weeks, so I'd probably juggle them and SJax.

Sammy Morris is still available (not sure why!) in this league -- should I pick him up and start him this week ahead of Chester or Maurice? If so, who do I cut? I'm thinking the obvious cut is Addai.

Here's the interesting part -- my playoff opponent has 5 RB's -- Warrick Dunn (hurt!), Thomas Jones (hurt!), Deangleo Williams, Justin Fargas, and Reggie Bush. He's currently got Bush and Fargas in his lineup. I expect him to figure out that he's better off picking up and starting Sammy, so ME picking him up would be a nice defensive move too. BUT if I cut Addai, I'm sure my opponent will pick HIM up and start him against me.

So what do you think -- should I pick up Sammy? Should I start him ahead of Mojo and Chester? And who should I drop?

See -- something a little more interesting than a boring old WDIS? !!!! Thanks!

Too bad you don't have an IR in your league, then this wouldn't be a question.

My advice is to keep Addai. Morris may do half-decent but so do the rest of your options.

Play Chester if he starts, Mojo if he doesn't.

So you guys don't think it's worth picking up Sammy to keep him away from my opponent? With the guys I have, assuming some of them get healthy (?), I would never start Addai anyway, so in the long run it shouldn't affect me much. But if the guy I'm playing this week picks up Sammy, I think that's a big upgrade for him (from Fargas to Sammy).

And if Chester doesn't play, you really think Mojo Drew is a better than Morris?

I would definitely pickup Morris to keep your oponent from getting him. I think Morris will have a decent day. Why let your opponent get those points, you know he'll pick him up before the weeks end.

Last year I got beat in the playoffs, because my opponent did exactly that, picked up the last RB to start, so that I couldn't get at him. Lost by a few points and would have won if I could have put that player in. I cursed him and his tactics, but you know it worked. Good play

T.

Thanks -- as it turns out, if I cut Benson and pick up Sammy, Benson immediately becomes available (I don't want to get into the reasons), and I think the other guy would grab him (since he has T. Jones). So I just picked up Sammy and cut Joseph Addai. Sunday morning I can try and get Addai on waivers (I'm ahead of my opponent on the claim list) and cut Benson then -- I think that keeps them both from my opponent. And if somebody else gets Addai, that doesnt bother me too much.

I usually plan lineups and pickups 2-3 weeks ahead, so this "do it now" mentality in the playoffs has my head spinning.