[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Last RB WDIS of the year

JetFanMike

This is for two different leagues, both of which have 2-week finals, and both of

which I'm ahead in. I have lots of RB choices (some players on both teams) --

please help me out!!

Team #1 -- pick 2 of Frank Gore, Chester Taylor, Maurice Jones-Drew, or Ron Dayne

Team #2 -- pick 2 of Steven Jackson, Ronnie Brown, Chester Taylor, or Maurice Jones-Drew

As you can see, Chester and Mojo are options on both teams. Here are some comments, please

let me know what you think...

Sjax is at Minnesota with a very tough matchup. However, he gains a lot of his yards via receptions,

and is still probably going to get the ball at the goalline. I find it hard to sit a guy who's the #3 back

in scoring and has averaged 25 points a game over the last 5 games, but this might be the week to

do it. Bulger and Holt may do most of the damage.

Gore is at Denver with an OK matchup. And he's another top 5 RB, and has scored at least 20 points

in 6 of his last 7 games -- another guy I find it hard to justify sitting.

Ronnie is at Indy with a great matchup, since the Colts can't stop the run. He looked pretty good

against an improved Jet defense Monday night, and should do great this week. However, with Cleo

Lemon at QB, I could see the Dolphins falling behind big early; in which case they MIGHT abandon

the run.

Chester is home vs. the Rams with a great matchup. I think he'll be pretty much the whole Vikes'

offense in what could be a high-scoring game. However, if the Vikes fall behind they may decide to

(try to) pass, although Chester is still part of their passing game. I am concerned about whether he's

at 100%, since he's only gained about 90 yards in his two games back since his injury. I'm inclined

to sit him, or at most play him in one league (not two).

Mojo Drew is at KC in a pretty neutral matchup. He's been an absolute fantasy monster lately,

averaging almost 30 points over his last 3 games, and seems to always find a way into the endzone.

I think Fred Taylor is back to split carries with him, and KC is a tough place to play, but he's so hot

it's hard to not use him. However, I think I would prefer to use him in just one league so that IF he

finally cools off he doesn't hurt me in two leagues at once.

Dayne is home vs. the Browns in an OK matchup. He's another hot back, averaging over 20 points

over the last 3 games, with over 100 yards a game and 5 TD's in that span. But I'm not sure if he's

100% healthy, and expect a low scoring game.

So please give me your thoughts and ideas --

Pick 2 of Gore, Dayne, Chester, Mojo -- I'm thinking Gore/Mojo

and

Pick 2 of SJax, Ronnie, Chester, Mojo -- I'm thinking SJax/Ronnie

I will be answering your posts :D tonight - thanks!!

Thanks for the response. I pretty much agree with your assessment -- the one thing I'm afraid of is MJD decides to lay an egg, I don't want to get hurt in two leagues. So I think I want to sit him in one league, which means I have to play one of Ronnie Brown, Ron Dayne, or Chester Taylor.

This is especially the case if Fred Taylor is playing... he could seriously eat into MJD's production...

Gore and Drew in game 1 and

SJax and Drew in game 2

Drew should be able to light up KC, though I hope they have a plan for him......Gore has the ability to score against DEnver, Sjax is now out of it, will be interesting to see what he does??

I second that emotion. You are looking good

Thanks very much. Unless I change my mind real soon, I'll go with SJax and Ronnie, and Gore and MJD.

It kind of works -- in the league I'm starting SJax and Ronnie, I have a 15 point lead already, and he's already played Tiki (2 week league, last week I dominated).

In the league I'm starting MJD, I'm down 23 points, but he's already used Tiki. MJD's got a bigger upside to help me make it up.

Tiki killed me twice, but the other guys don't seem to be adjusting for players who might sit early, which could help me.

Good luck to all, and thanks!!

Thanks for the response. I pretty much agree with your assessment -- the one thing I'm afraid of is MJD decides to lay an egg, I don't want to get hurt in two leagues. So I think I want to sit him in one league, which means I have to play one of Ronnie Brown, Ron Dayne, or Chester Taylor.

This is especially the case if Fred Taylor is playing... he could seriously eat into MJD's production...

I see your point with Drew, and it is not like you are replacing him with junk Brown and/or Taylor could light it up. I do not see Drew laying an egg, but hope he doesn't hurt the Chiefs too bad as I am still rooting for them to make the playoffs.......yeah, I know the whole SF over Denver might be a stretch...but you have to have faith!!

KC does not tackle well, this could equate to a 60 + yard TD for Drew today...good luck in both games!!

Guys -- thanks very much to all of you for your help this year. Everything worked out well for me -- I started Gore (18 points) and Mojo (11 points) over Cheser (8 points) and Dayne (0 points) in one league; I started SJax (42 points!!) and Ronnie (12 points) over Mojo (11 points) and Chester (8 points) in the other, and won both.

Four leagues, three championships, and this board made it all a lot more fun and interesting. Thanks -- hope lots of you guys won -- and see you all next season!!