[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

did those 2 clowns on NFLN really belch on tv?

jjpro11

PFT -

POSTED 10:48 p.m. EST, December 30, 2006

NFL NETWORK BURP FEST

It's a good thing only 40 percent of the country has access to the NFL's in-house network. If the channel went to all of the USA, a lot more people would have heard the sock puppets BURPING on the air.

Not once, but twice.

The first one came late in the third quarter. It sounds like Cris Collinsworth.

The second one came in the fourth quarter. It's likely Bryant Gumbel, unless Collinsworth can conjure a burp while talking.

Meanwhile, Tiki Barber is now up to 227 yards and three touchdowns. He has not, to our knowledge, burped.

is this real and did anyone catch this during the game? if so its hilarious. :D

PFT -

POSTED 10:48 p.m. EST, December 30, 2006

NFL NETWORK BURP FEST

Meanwhile, Tiki Barber is now up to 227 yards and three touchdowns. He has not, to our knowledge, burped.

is this real and did anyone catch this during the game? if so its hilarious. :D

PFT :D

Yep, heard them both. There's no way that it came from outside the booth. The way I look at it is that the broadcast couldn't get worse. They must have realized that they wouldn't be doing this again next year and did somethig "crazy" on air. I was quite amazed how Collingsworth didn't miss a beat when Gumble burped. At least that was something positive for the broadcast...

Heard them both as well. Gumble made a point of saying they had an open mic somewhere. I honestly don't think either Gumble or Collinsworth were the ones doing it. Given the number of comments that have been made about the production quality of the NFL-N broadcasts, would it really surprise anyone to find out a guy in the truck forgot to turn off a mic?

Edited by smithkt

Heard them both as well. Gumble made a point of saying they had an open mic somewhere. I honestly don't think either Gumble or Collinsworth were the ones doing it. Given the number of comments that have been made about the production quality of the NFL-N broadcasts, would it really surprise anyone to find out a guy in the truck forgot to turn off a mic?

I agree, as much as I'd like to blame Bumbel or Collinsworth...I can't believe they were the ones doing it.