[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

What can a League Commish do?

merc

This question concerns another un-named fantasy sports forum and NOT The Huddle.

That said, I had been a member of that other forum since almost its' inception and had recruited many, many folks to that forum. I was also one of the most prolific posters and helpers to fantasy football questions, and had earned many kudo's for my help and advice.

I also was the commish of one of the leagues, and belonged as founding owners to two other leagues.

All was proceeding smoothly until I posted my political opinions in a non-football related sub-forum. I was immediately attacked for those opinions by folks who did not wish to discuss the issues, but instead simply called me names like dumbass and much worse.

I reported the personally attacking posts to the forum owner, who told me that my posts had drawn the attacks and I should now face up to them myself.

I did so, using all means available to me, and as a result, the "new offended" now cried to the forum owner to ban me... and he did.

Still, I remained in the fantasy forum leagues being held on Yahoo, and eventually won two of the three leagues championships.

Even so... the guy who was the commish of one of the leagues has just decided to replace me in his league.... due to his hatred of me(I owned him in our arguement). The commish had originally blocked me from my team back a few weeks when I defeated his until then, undefeated team in the league. The forum owner has agreed to allow me to post in those forums which support the leagues, including this one, so that I can continue my ownership in that league... but, the Commish hates me so much he has summarily dismissed me, without even a public hearing or vote or while even refusing to say what league rule I violated? As a result, I only missed the playoffs in that league by 5 yards, total.

Most other owners agree with me and want me to stay but are afraid that if they force the issue, they too will be booted from the dynasty league by this little caesar commish.

So, here are my questions for you folks on The Huddle:

Is this the way to commish a league?

If not, what can I do about it?

Thanks for your help and advice!

Not much you can do, and does not sound like a league I would want to play in.

If plenty of the owners support you, why not either form a new league with them, or, if it is a majority of the league, form a ne league with them where you carry over the dynasty rosters etc. and seek replacements for the owners that do not wish to come over.

If plenty of the owners support you, why not either form a new league with them, or, if it is a majority of the league, form a ne league with them where you carry over the dynasty rosters etc. and seek replacements for the owners that do not wish to come over.

Wow... great idea!

One other owner already quit due to this crap, and another two owners (out of 12) have voiced their displeasure over my dismissal without a public reason or vote.

Still, I'd hate to pull good FF players from this forum unless I really have to do so.

But... that is a great idea nonetheless and one I will do if I get any sniff that I am to be kicked from the two other forum leagues in which I won the championships.. :D

Edited by merc

In my work league it's by invitation. Meaning just because you played one year doesn't ensure you'll be asked back. Of course, as long as you're not a flaming ass that won't be a problem but yeah, we didn'nt ask one guy back. Which is difficult when you see him every day. But most of us agreed that we didn't want to put up with him anymore than we have to. We don't even like working with him! In addition to this he clearly broke a number of league rules in addition to several ethical ones.