[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Do the Giants players even like each other?

Whiskey Pimp

I could give two you know whats about his numbers. There's a lot more to being a good NFL QB than numbers. Just ask Daunte Culpepper. Unfortunately, Eli doesn't exhibit any of those characterisitics imo.

Repeat after me: 3rd year QB.

Now, what part of that statement confuses you?

The way the team lost it, the players vs players and the players vs coach, they definately need a coaching change. I can't see things improving if Coughlin returns next year.

Bring in a new GM and a new Coach, and hope for a smooth transistion that can put the Giants back in the playoffs next year.

Going for Piolli was a good move, but why would he leave a stable job in NE for basically the same position with the Giants?

We'll see. I would imagine that a young QB would have a difficult time developing those kinds of traits with a tyrant HC like Coughlin around.

I'll give you that one. Although it looked like Coughlin left some of his tyrannical behavior on the sidelines. Almost seemed that he should have been more of a disciplinarian with guys like Shockey and Burress. I just haven't seen anything from Eli that makes me think he can lead a football team deep into the playoffs. But like you said, we'll see.

So is Grossman, yet he gets hammered when he plays badly. You give Eli a pass even though Eli has more starts than Grossman. Why?

Manning may have more starts, but Grossman has more experience - 4 years to 3 years in the league.

Besides, Manning has never put together a game where he has a single digit QB rating. Grossman has done it twice this year alone - and barely escaped a third time on MNF in AZ - with a championship caliber team - which the Giants aren't.

CHI only loses when Grossman throws the game away. You certainly can't say that about Manning. That's a difference of immense proportions.

Manning may have more starts, but Grossman has more experience - 4 years to 3 years in the league.

Besides, Manning has never put together a game where he has a single digit QB rating. Grossman has done it twice this year alone - and barely escaped a third time on MNF in AZ - with a championship caliber team - which the Giants aren't.

CHI only loses when Grossman throws the game away. You certainly can't say that about Manning. That's a difference of immense proportions.

I take your point about the Bears losing when Evil Rex shows up but the definition of experience is starts, not seasons in the league. As far as QB ratings go, I'm too lazy to look up the comparison of 100.0+ starts between the two but I'll bet Grossman has a wide edge there. In other words, when Rex is good he's very, very good and when he's bad, he's awful.

Eli is merely mundane.

Okay, since you think he's one of the worst QBs in the league, why don't you define for all of us what kind of numbers you expect Eli to put up to make him satisfy your definition of a good NFL QB.

It looks to me like he's right on target to be a very solid to very good pro QB. Again - he just finished his 3rd year.

Bingo.

I take your point about the Bears losing when Evil Rex shows up but the definition of experience is starts, not seasons in the league. As far as QB ratings go, I'm too lazy to look up the comparison of 100.0+ starts between the two but I'll bet Grossman has a wide edge there. In other words, when Rex is good he's very, very good and when he's bad, he's awful.

Eli is merely mundane.

E Manning has 8 100+ ratings games in 39 starts.

Grossman has 7 100+ rating games in 23 starts.

And don't necessarily interpret game experience as starting games. How many games did Romo start before this year? QBs can prepare to play the game by learning on the sideline during the regular season, in the offseason, training camp, and the preseason. There is a huge bonus on understanding the complexities of one's own offense completely as well as the the speed & complexity of NFL Ds. That only comes with time.

Don't get me wrong - real game time is critical also, but it isn't the only thing that makes a QB.

I'll tell you what - CHI with E Manning at QB instead of Grossman would be a really scary team - you're right, you know what you'll get from Manning while Grossman's performances vary wildly from superb to abyssmal. But every team that plays CHI in the playoffs knows they have a real shot at winning simply becuase Grossman is the QB, and when he puts up one of his stinkers the Bears can be beaten by literally almost any team in the league.

Amazing part is how unlikable the giants are themselves ..I am a die hard fan but this team simply is not likable as players and way they handle themselves...

The way they go after the coach openly and pubicly ...they way the they talk , talk and talk and never back it up ...strahan calls out plex and then decides to go after the media for simply reporting it , tiki calls out coughlin numerous times , shockey calls coughlin an ass , etc ...the list goes on ...amazing that coughlin was brought in as a disciplinarian and yet these giants are the most undisciplined , uncontrolled team in the league

Need cowher ...need something for sure