[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Colts vs. Patrios in the AFC Title game?

kpholmes

if Brady plays the same game next week, and Manning plays the same as he has been playing next week, New England wins. All I'm saying is manning will have to play much better next week to win.

If Brady plays the same game next week (3 picks and a fumble), the Pats win? That doesn't make much sense to me.

That said, I don't think that either QB will play poorly next week. They last time they played in the Dome, they both played extremely well.

Edited by Bill Swerski

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If Brady plays the same game next week (3 picks and a fumble), the Pats win? That doesn't make much sense to me.

That said, I don't think that either QB will play poorly next week. They last time they played in the Dome, they both played extremely well.

Yes. I have more faith in the rest of the Patriots team that surrounds Brady to make plays to pick him up if he plays poorly again.

I've heard it before...

I'm sure.

And though history would suggest I'm talking out of my a-ss, I do think getting the Pats at the Dome is all the difference the Colts need. And dare I mention that despite their history in this millenium, the Pats are 0-2 the last two games against the Colts with both games being in Foxboro.

I'm sure.

And though history would suggest I'm talking out of my a-ss, I do think getting the Pats at the Dome is all the difference the Colts need. And dare I mention that despite their history in this millenium, the Pats are 0-2 the last two games against the Colts with both games being in Foxboro.

Oh, I do know that. I was at both games. But playoff football is different, and until proven otherwise, I'll take my chances that Manning and/or the Colts team as a whole, will find a way to loose.

Oh, I do know that. I was at both games. But playoff football is different, and until proven otherwise, I'll take my chances that Manning and/or the Colts team as a whole, will find a way to loose.

:D Not this time.

Yes. I have more faith in the rest of the Patriots team that surrounds Brady to make plays to pick him up if he plays poorly again.

So, you're saying that Brady has more room to screw up because he has a better supporting cast? I agree with that. That's the reason that his team has won three Super Bowls, after all.

If the Colts D plays the way that they've been playing lately, I think that they win. If they forget how to tackle Dillon and Maroney and play like they did in the regular season, they'll have their work cut out for them. I think that has more to do with it than Peyton.

The difference I see is that D is really playing inspired football.

So far, their post-season MVP has been Bob Sanders. I don't know why the D is playing so much better with him in there, but he brings a toughness to the D that the rest of the team seems to feed off of.

While I'm certainly biased, I don't think the Pats will have faced a Colts team with this kind of defensive intensity.

Take that back, Sanders did play in their meeting this year, one of the very few games he played in during the regular season. Look for more of the same.

Wow. Did you actually watch the Super Bowls? Or do you just have such blind hatred toward the Pats that you don't bother, then come out with garbage like this??

Um, so Brady would've won those SBs without those elite defenses, rock-solid special teams, or top-notch coaching staffs?

No blind hatred here, brother. I'm not saying that he didn't play well in those games. I'm saying that he wasn't put in a position where he had to do it all by himself.

So far, their post-season MVP has been Bob Sanders. I don't know why the D is playing so much better with him in there, but he brings a toughness to the D that the rest of the team seems to feed off of.

While I'm certainly biased, I don't think the Pats will have faced a Colts team with this kind of defensive intensity.

Take that back, Sanders did play in their meeting this year, one of the very few games he played in during the regular season. Look for more of the same.

I'll look for a game plan that exploits the fact that Sanders comes crashing down on the slightest look of run. Maybe some play-action to Watson will slow him down and make him hang back just an extra second. Bill will come up with something for Sanders. Same way he came up with something for Merriman. Was he even on the field tonight? 2 tackles and 1 sack. Not the game changing, dominating performance the Chargers thought they'd get.

Wow. Did you actually watch the Super Bowls? Or do you just have such blind hatred toward the Pats that you don't bother, then come out with garbage like this??

That's his M.O. he's a tool.

Now, Swerski get up here and do some chores you little bidge. Wouldn't it be sooo nice if the Pats took care of the Colts and your dreadful Bears also won so we could stomp out all your dreams in a 2 week span? :D

Um, so Brady would've won those SBs without those elite defenses, rock-solid special teams, or top-notch coaching staffs?

No blind hatred here, brother. I'm not saying that he didn't play well in those games. I'm saying that he wasn't put in a position where he had to do it all by himself.

All by himself? No, he didn't have to win it all by himself. But he was the one who lead late drives for vinatieri to kick those field goals. Remember Fat Madden saying they should take a knee against the Rams? So it's even. They win as a team, and they loose as a team.

And let's be fair. Has any QB ever won a Super Bowl all by himself? I can't name one....

I'll look for a game plan that exploits the fact that Sanders comes crashing down on the slightest look of run. Maybe some play-action to Watson will slow him down and make him hang back just an extra second. Bill will come up with something for Sanders. Same way he came up with something for Merriman. Was he even on the field tonight? 2 tackles and 1 sack. Not the game changing, dominating performance the Chargers thought they'd get.

Sanders isn't going through steroids-withdrawl, so I wouldn't anticipate a sudden performance loss. :D

I actually think that the Pats should be favored in this one, given that they have the better overall team (O-line and especially their defensive Front 7) and superior coaching. But as we saw yesterday in Baltimore, the best team doesn't always win.

Also, I'm no Brady-hater. I think that he's somewhat overrated, but he's certainly a bad-ass and I have a lot of respect for him as a player.

Edited by Bill Swerski

This Colt defense is not the defense that teams seen during the regular season. not only because of Sanders (although him being back is huge). but Freeney was not himself all year with a early hammy (I believe it was a hammy) injury. then you throw in that Brackett was not himself because of injury through much of the year but is now back at it. they also had numerous injuries in their secondary.

The Colts picked a great time to get themselves healthy and they are in the AFC championship game because of it. I do think the Pats will beat them..but just as all the other playoff games there is no telling as the teams are all just so close this year.

Edited by Doc Holliday

All by himself? No, he didn't have to win it all by himself. But he was the one who lead late drives for vinatieri to kick those field goals.

I imagine that a lot of other QBs, who played with inferior defenses and special teams, would've had to do more than get the offense in position to kick a freaking FG. But I agree that he deserves credit for putting his team in a position to win and minimizing his mistakes.

Remember Fat Madden saying they should take a knee against the Rams? So it's even. They win as a team, and they lose as a team.

I still can't believe that Brady got the MVP in that game, when Ty Law scored as many TDs as the entire Pats offense. He deserved the SB 38 MVP, but that was nothing short of political BS.

And let's be fair. Has any QB ever won a Super Bowl all by himself? I can't name one....

You mean you never got the memo about Joe Montana winning all four of those by himself?! :D

:D

then you throw in that Brackett was not himself because of injury through much of the year but is now back at it. they also had numerous injuries in their secondary.

Good point about Brackett. He was huge in the blitz packages last year. Booger McFarland has looked much better lately as well.

Good point about Brackett. He was huge in the blitz packages last year. Booger McFarland has looked much better lately as well.

I agree.

I think alot of Boogers success now is because Freeney is back to his whole self and creating so many problems that teams are back to double teaming him thus making it easier for the the other guys on the line to make plays.