[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Marinade I made the other night

Big Country

London Broil was on sale at our supermarket so my wife picked up a couple. One in the freezer, the other I cooked up a couple nights ago. Anyway, I got home later than anticipated so had to come up with a quick marinade or something, but, at the same time, my wife was in the mood for something with a BBQ flair (and as she is pregnant, I know better than to not satisfy the craving)

So, as this was a rather large cut of meat, I cut it in half.. one half I would simply season with some salt and pepper and cook on the BBQ, applying BBQ sauce throughout the process. Easy enough.

The other half I marinaded in a quick concoction I threw together of essentially one part olive oil, 2 parts soy sauce, a few TBSP of Bullseye BBQ Sauce with A-1 Steak Flavoring, whisked that together then whisked in a few TBSP of garlic powder, onion powder and then some cayenne pepper for kick.

I was only able to marinade for about 25-30 minutes, so the flavors didnt really hae a lot of time to penetrate the meat, but it came out quite tasty.... my wife has requested tha I not forget how I made that marinade and that I do it again sometime.

Just a little something you all may want ot try if you want kind of an Asian BBQ flavor.

London Broil was on sale at our supermarket so my wife picked up a couple. One in the freezer, the other I cooked up a couple nights ago. Anyway, I got home later than anticipated so had to come up with a quick marinade or something, but, at the same time, my wife was in the mood for something with a BBQ flair (and as she is pregnant, I know better than to not satisfy the craving)

So, as this was a rather large cut of meat, I cut it in half.. one half I would simply season with some salt and pepper and cook on the BBQ, applying BBQ sauce throughout the process. Easy enough.

The other half I marinaded in a quick concoction I threw together of essentially one part olive oil, 2 parts soy sauce, a few TBSP of Bullseye BBQ Sauce with A-1 Steak Flavoring, whisked that together then whisked in a few TBSP of garlic powder, onion powder and then some cayenne pepper for kick.

I was only able to marinade for about 25-30 minutes, so the flavors didnt really hae a lot of time to penetrate the meat, but it came out quite tasty.... my wife has requested tha I not forget how I made that marinade and that I do it again sometime.

Just a little something you all may want ot try if you want kind of an Asian BBQ flavor.

Yes, I enjoy a LB, I cook mine on top of the Jenn Air with the grilling grate attachment. I usually do mine in just Worchestshire Sauce about 1 hour per side. I love Bernaise over mine after it's done with a garlic butter rice dish and grilled Asparagus.