[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Panthers hire Browns assistant HC as OC

LooGie

he bacame expendable when the Browns hired back Chudzinski (sp), the TE coach in SD who was with the Browns previously. Davidson's not bad, just a tad inexperienced. His failure was lack of player talent. Will be better just about anywhere else

Edited by loaf

we don't have a lot of talent on offense so there were a lot of "boos" raining down on 3rd down run plays...you'll be seeing a lot of running plays, I would guess. He was a coach with NE for a stretch and oversaw Dillon's 1600 yard season...

we don't have a lot of talent on offense so there were a lot of "boos" raining down on 3rd down run plays...you'll be seeing a lot of running plays, I would guess.

It sounds like he's a Dan Henning clone without the credibility or past success as an OC. :D

we don't have a lot of talent on offense so there were a lot of "boos" raining down on 3rd down run plays...you'll be seeing a lot of running plays, I would guess. He was a coach with NE for a stretch and oversaw Dillon's 1600 yard season...

It's hard to gauge what kind of style he has, as he's never been a coordinator. He coached TEs in New England, and the line in previous stints (and Cleveland). Obviously, the guy was a part of 3 SB champs, and oversaw a line that produced a 1000 yard rusher for the first time in 20 years in Cleveland, but he doesn't seem like there's much of a passing game background there.

I assume Davidson becomes the play caller in Carolina, which is intriguing since there is virtually zero passing game stuff in his resume.

• 2 weeks later...

It's hard to gauge what kind of style he has, as he's never been a coordinator. He coached TEs in New England, and the line in previous stints (and Cleveland). Obviously, the guy was a part of 3 SB champs, and oversaw a line that produced a 1000 yard rusher for the first time in 20 years in Cleveland, but he doesn't seem like there's much of a passing game background there.

I assume Davidson becomes the play caller in Carolina, which is intriguing since there is virtually zero passing game stuff in his resume.

It appears to be a split duty with Davidson getting the "title", as Mike McCoy has been appointed "Passing Game Cordinator" and Davidson running game and O line invlovment. Steve Smith ask to personally meet with Davidson to gauge the direction of the offense. Reports are that Smith came away happy and positive.