[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Just wanted to add my 2 cents...

irish

It is absolutely nature.

I could be wrong but per outdated research I've done, not the case. Most of the time it is but not all of the time.

I have no idea. I'm heterosexual, but I don't remember ever distinctly choosing to be hetero--it just happened.

Of course, like with heterosexuality, it is a person's choice on whether or not to act upon one's urges.

I'm not sure that at this point any of us really do know for sure why we make the decisions we do. But this point you made really exhibits why most studying this topic believe it might have more to do with genetics.

When studying animals it's been determined to be both.

Read The Human Zoo.

First of all I had an Uncle that was homosexual and died of AIDS. I ended up needed to take a science course in college and when I did my reserach paper for this Human Sexual Biology class this was the conclusion I came up with. I don't have the paper in front of me, however, I believe that researchers identified a gene in the DNA structure for people in the large group of tested people who were homosexual but not all. It had a special name and everything and this gene was passed on by the mother. However, they also found that the remaining people that didn't have that specific gene had very peculiar childhood experiences some of those possibilities were mentioned in this thread. On a serious note, prison was also discussed as a reason for a person to suddenly take part in homosexual activities. After doing the research for that paper, hearing my uncle talk to me at length about his and others' situations, I firmly believe that both Nature and Nuture can and do impact the sexual orientation/preferences of an individual.

Not looking for trouble so delete or lock the topic if you like but I just typed this up in the other thread and it was locked just before I could add my reply. :D

What percentage of Huddlers will actually see this post and not the ignore thingie? :D

Sad to say, it won't be very high and the blame goes squarely on my shoulders. But time heals all wounds....hopefully.

Edited by irish