[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Judge steps down, won't enforce new marijuana law.

evil_gop_liars

"Specifically, since you have seen fit to increase the penalty for cannabis possession from a $100 fine (which matches the state penalty) to a $1,000 fine and a year in jail, I find that I am morally and ethically unable to sit as a judge for the city."

So, he doesnt agree with the penalty. How does that morally and ethically prevent him from being a judge? F'n Boulder hippie attitudes...

So, he doesnt agree with the penalty. How does that morally and ethically prevent him from being a judge? F'n Boulder hippie attitudes...

:D

Seems pretty obvious he feels a $1,000 fine and a year in jail for smoking Josh Gordon is immoral and unethical.

Of course he could just refuse to impose such an archaic and ignorant penalty but then you'd just b*tch and moan about liberals legislating from the bench.

You can't always have your cake and eat it too, spain. Just revel in the fact there's one less liberal influencing public policy. :D

:D

Seems pretty obvious he feels a $1,000 fine and a year in jail for smoking Josh Gordon is immoral and unethical.

Of course he could just refuse to impose such an archaic and ignorant penalty but then you'd just b*tch and moan about liberals legislating from the bench.

You can't always have your cake and eat it too, spain. Just revel in the fact there's one less liberal influencing public policy. :D

You missed my point. I personally feel like Josh Gordon should be legal, taxed, and sold in stores just like alcohol. I think that child molestors should all be castrated prior to their incarceration. However, just because the legislature, you know those folks duly elected to decide those type things, dont agree with me on that, doesnt mean I couldnt impose the sentence that the law requires. He wasnt even saying that Josh Gordon should be legalized. He was just pissed that the local authorities had increased the penalty for drug possession to one that is greater than the state penalty. And he had imposed the state penalty for more than 8 years. Sounds like he just doesnt like the locals taking a stand against an out of control drug problem there in Boulder. Still dont see how one penatly is moral and ethical, but the other one is not.