[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Trivia Questions

alexgaddis

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

What do Tom Landry and Vince Young have in common?

I'm about to go, so I'll give ya'll the answer. They actually had two things in common. They were both recruited by The University of Texas to play QB. Landry soon realized that he wouldn't be able to beat out the legendary Bobby Layne, so he switched positions to defensive back. The other is they were both captains of the UT football team.

" In 1947, Landry, known for his sure tackling, was considered so critical to the defense that Cherry started him with an injured left arm against Doak Walker and SMU. The 14-13 loss would be the only blight on a 10-1 season, which ended with a 27-7 victory over sixth-ranked Alabama in the Sugar Bowl. "Coach Cherry had more confidence in Tom Landry with his left arm practically in a cast than he did in a backup with two good arms in that SMU game," said former Texas teammate Ralph E. "Pepe" Blount, a lawyer in Longview."

That paragraph reminds me a little bit of a Dallas RB.

Edited by Perchoutofwater