[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Philly homers

SLAYER

Whomper, I can totally respect your reasoning. I didn't mean to strike a nerve, I was just trying to figure it out is all. Thanks for clarifying. And hopefully, sometime soon, I'll know what it's like to have my team win a Super Bowl. :D

Its all good..No nerve was struck..

As I stated before, I have no "home team", I live betweem Philly and Pitt.

I enjoy when the Eagles lose b/c I'm a Cowboys fan, not so I can laugh at people around me. Most of my friends and family are Steelers fans anyway.

On the other hand, I don't have a lot of respect for this explanation. So, you don't even like to share good times w/your friends and family? Last time I checked Cowboy and Steeler fans aren't too buddy buddy with one another. You are a Cowboy fan because you liked watching people, or making people, that live around you unhappy. You are what we call, "that guy." The only one in the local bar that cheers an Eagle or Steeler turnover or loss. The same guy who probably can't take a little ribbing back when the Cowboys lose. No offense, but I just don't get it. And I guess I never will.

On the other hand, I don't have a lot of respect for this explanation. So, you don't even like to share good times w/your friends and family? Last time I checked Cowboy and Steeler fans aren't too buddy buddy with one another. You are a Cowboy fan because you liked watching people, or making people, that live around you unhappy. You are what we call, "that guy." The only one in the local bar that cheers an Eagle or Steeler turnover or loss. The same guy who probably can't take a little ribbing back when the Cowboys lose. No offense, but I just don't get it. And I guess I never will.

I've rooted for the Cowboys ever since I can remember. I don't remember waking up one day and deciding to be a Cowboys fan, it's just always been that way. My parents have pictures of me in a Cowboys uniform, shoulders pads and all when I was really little.

As far as sharing good times with my family and friends...my Sundays when I'm not at home watching football are spent with my Dad and my friends watching Pittsburgh.(if Dallas isn't on) I always host a Super Bowl party at my house. Last year I fed my buddies and rooted alongside them for the Steelers. I don't root against Pittsburgh unless they're playing Dallas and you can bet your ass my friends and family are rooting like hell against my team that day. But it's all in good fun.

I don't know or have ever been around "That Guy" that you refer to. I've rooted for Dallas through the great years and the horrific ones, and I root against Philly b/c they're a hated rival of my team, not b/c I live in Pa.

:D

I've rooted for the Cowboys ever since I can remember. I don't remember waking up one day and deciding to be a Cowboys fan, it's just always been that way. My parents have pictures of me in a Cowboys uniform, shoulders pads and all when I was really little.

As far as sharing good times with my family and friends...my Sundays when I'm not at home watching football are spent with my Dad and my friends watching Pittsburgh.(if Dallas isn't on) I always host a Super Bowl party at my house. Last year I fed my buddies and rooted alongside them for the Steelers. I don't root against Pittsburgh unless they're playing Dallas and you can bet your ass my friends and family are rooting like hell against my team that day. But it's all in good fun.

I don't know or have ever been around "That Guy" that you refer to. I've rooted for Dallas through the great years and the horrific ones, and I root against Philly b/c they're a hated rival of my team, not b/c I live in Pa.

:D

Fair enough. Thanks. I'm really trying to not sound like a jerk here. It's hard to talk about this topic, without sounding critical though.