[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Verdict in Libby Case

CaP'N GRuNGe

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If revealing Plame's identity was no bid deal, why didn't President Bush himself just come out and say that from the get-go?

:D could you imagine the uproar if he did come forward and offer that unsolicited legal opinion? it would have been totally inappropriate for any president to do so.

at the beginning of the investigation, nobody really knew which laws (if any) were broken by leaking plame's identity. that's why libby (and possibly rove) lied to cover their asses. it's probably safe to say that at the outset, most people just assumed that laws were broken. now, the investigation is over, and no charges have been brought for leaking plame's identity even though the investigation revealed in detail who told which reporters about plame and when.

any other thoughts on why? :D

could you imagine the uproar if he did come forward and offer that unsolicited legal opinion?

Correct me if I am wrong, but hasn't Bush made it a policy to offer his unsolicited opinions concerning the bills he is signing into law.

But the main point of my post was not about whether or not the leak was legal, but rather that Bush knew upfront that what happened was wrong (legal or not).

Correct me if I am wrong, but hasn't Bush made it a policy to offer his unsolicited opinions concerning the bills he is signing into law.

correct me if i'm wrong, but it seems you are faulting bush for not coming forward at the onset of the investigation and saying "no crime was committed here". do you really think that would be appropriate? do you not think that would undermine the authority of the special prosecutor who still, ultimately, works for him?

But the main point of my post was not about whether or not the leak was legal, but rather that Bush knew upfront that what happened was wrong (legal or not).

what do you want him to do, execute libbby by regal fiat? he stood back, respected the integrity of the investigative process, and didn't comment. which is the only acceptable way for him to have behaved. :D