[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

The Razor Debate

DemonKnight

Gilette Fusion or Schick Quatro Titanium  

15 members have voted

1. 1. Which is Better Overall?

• Gilette Fusion
    • Schick Quatro Titanium

So I've been a Gilette guy since they sent me a Mach 3 for my 18th burfday. Just thought it was a cool gesture. So of course when th eFusion came out I bought one. Its good. The extra trimmer blade is usless IMO but the double lube strip is sweet since I dont use any foam, just water. I probably change the blade once every 3 weeks on average (I only have to shave like every 3 days, I like the Don Johnson look). So a month or so ago I tell my girl to get me some new blades fer my razor since the lube strip on my last blade looked like a shriveled up piece of bacon barely clinging to the thing. Of course she buys me a 8 pack of the wrong type, the Quattro Titanium.... "I thought they all fit on the any handle... :D " she tells me. Since she just plopped down a 20 spot on blades I told her to get me the Schick handle. Long story long, I've been using the Quattro for the last month or so and have yet to change the blade. It is sharper off the bat and it stays sharper for longer. The only drawback is it is a bitch to rinse. It literally takes me an extra 5 minutes to shave just adding the time it takes to rinse the dam thing between swipes. Therein lies the advantage of the Fusion. It is backless so water flows right through and rinses it, no fuss no muss. With the Quattro I have to keep this lieelt brush that came with my beard trimmer to clean out the blades after I use it so I'm torn. If you've used both, which do you prefer?

If you've used both, which do you prefer?

I've used both, and while the Schick Quattro is a good razor (the blade and aloe-lube strip definitely last longer) I prefer the battery powered Gillette Fusion. The vibration creates an easier glide, and there is no other blade that also comes with a single blade on the back of the razor for those 'tough to reach places' under the nose or other sensitive areas. Gotta go with Gillette. :D

i was using the quattro for about 6 months before i got the fusion and i hated it. the rinsing thing you describe was a problem, and i found the shape of the head made it awkward and difficult to get at the tight places like under the nose. the fusion, despite having one more blade, is a smaller, more maneuverable head. i don't even feel the need to use the single blade on the back, but i woulda used the hell out of it if the quattro had the same feature. the fusion is a much better razor, IMO. the mach3 is also a LOT better than the quattro if you ask me.

don't have a gripe with blade lifespan with either razor.