[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Darkhorse to Get into the NCAA Tourney

Rockerbraves

I'd say NC State if they get passed Duke, but UVa in the 2nd round would be brutal to get through as teams with strong at the 1 and 2's have killed us this year. We did give UVa a good game in December as opposed to the rematch in Raleigh.

I'd say NC State if they get passed Duke, but UVa in the 2nd round would be brutal to get through as teams with strong at the 1 and 2's have killed us this year. We did give UVa a good game in December as opposed to the rematch in Raleigh.

gee, no kidding, :D . I will stay with the homerism theme here............

Washington - the #7 seed in the Pac 10 - talented team and an NCAA tourney-bound team in any conference in America that is not the Pac 10 or the ACC. Coming off wins vs. USC and UCLA they can beat anyone- and if they get past WSU in rd 2- look out.

Joey brackets Lunardi has them dancing if they GET to the Pac 10 title game......

When was the last time an ACC team won the tourney who would have not made the NCAA's? I remember Arkansas put together a nice 4 game streak a few years back to win the SEC tourney only to lose in the first round of the NCAA.

Been awhile, as the 1983 Wolf Pack team would have made the dance, they just improved their seeding with the title.

Been awhile, as the 1983 Wolf Pack team would have made the dance, they just improved their seeding with the title.

Down here the diehard LSU fans are still holding out hope. There is a good chance that the SEC West will have zero teams going this year. Would think Bama has the best shot of getting in if they can just get to the SEC tournament finals.

Down here the diehard LSU fans are still holding out hope. There is a good chance that the SEC West will have zero teams going this year. Would think Bama has the best shot of getting in if they can just get to the SEC tournament finals.

Bama was clicking when they waxed us in Raleigh this year, and at that point I had them as a Final Four team-what the hell happened to them down the stretch?

Now that we've got the homer opinions, let's talk realistically :D

My first thought was to look SEC because the west is so bad, so maybe a team like Miss St (with a BYE) can win three. Of course, with the crossover schedule, even after the BYE they start with Kentucky. So they are out. Alabama is very young. They have no shot. SEC is very weak and the only teams that have a shot to upset Florida are Tennessee and Vandy (they are both already in the tourney).

The ACC is way too good to have a 9-12 team take the title and the Pac 10's top 3-4 aren't all going to lose to someone who is out (unless you think Stanford :busting wildcat's balls :D : No way Ohio State AND Wiscy both lose. Same for Kansas, A&M and Texas in the Big 12.

So that leaves us with the Big East. Very deep conference and the top teams aren't what you'd call "world beaters" G'Town is the best but they could lose. Same for Pitt, Louisville, etc...

So, I will say either UConn or West Virginia!!

UCF out of Conference USA if we extend it to 7 conferences.

Edited by Vinatieri Is God

Now that we've got the homer opinions, let's talk realistically :D

Alabama is very young. They have no shot. SEC is very weak and the only teams that have a shot to upset Florida are Tennessee and Vandy (they are both already in the tourney).

Homer Observation: Not saying LSU will win the SEC tournament, but to say they would have no chance against the Gators is crazy talk considering they did so very recently without Big Baby & also almost beat Kentucky at Rupp arena without BB as well. They also beat a projected #2 seed Texas A&M team early in the season as well. My longshot in the SEC west is Auburn who has a young talented team.

Homer Observation: Not saying LSU will win the SEC tournament, but to say they would have no chance against the Gators is crazy talk considering they did so very recently without Big Baby & also almost beat Kentucky at Rupp arena without BB as well. They also beat a projected #2 seed Texas A&M team early in the season as well. My longshot in the SEC west is Auburn who has a young talented team.

LSU had the benefit of a very raucous home court advantage against Florida. Makes a HUGH difference in college hoop. Check out the road vs home records of any team in the country.

Big East homer... (Rutgers and The Hall) - Providence may fall in this real darkhorse category. Some nice wins to go with some very ugly losses. But, hey... You never know. All sorts of wierd stuff happens in the Big East tourney.

It's a quantum leap Darkhorse I know, but this year in the ACC has been hard to predict, but any of the top 8 seeds in the ACC Tourney could take it, so our DH would come from the 9-12 seeds.

Well, it's not over yet, but all the ACC Darkhorses are still in the stable-Incredible 1st round to say the least.

Well, it's not over yet, but all the ACC Darkhorses are still in the stable-Incredible 1st round to say the least.

My Tigers survived to fight another day despite getting the bad end of some horrible officiating down the stretch in regulation play against the Vols. Hopefully they can keep it going tonight.

Got to give your Wolfpack team credit for their big OT win over Duke yesterday as well. :D

Washington - the #7 seed in the Pac 10 - talented team and an NCAA tourney-bound team in any conference in America that is not the Pac 10 or the ACC.

Only when defense isn't a requirement.

Only when defense isn't a requirement.

The Huskies are very young and talented. I think had Dentmon not allowed Rochestie to penetrate time after time in the 2nd half the Huskies are still playing with a real shot at getting into the Dance. I'm very disappointed in Dentmon this year. He has regressed from last year and seems to have lost his confidence.

Isiah .......... were ready :D

Two out of the four SEC teams bound for the NCAA Tournament have been knocked out. The Gators are playing for a #1 seed in the big tourney so they will be tough to beat. Georgia gets them tonight but are a decisive 9 1/2 point underdog.

Only one of the four SEC bound teams are left after Vandy drops one to the Hogs. Still see the Gators winning the automatic bid.