[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

boxing gloves

Duchess Jack

Half gloves will be more than fine for a heavy bag.

I surprised that your wraps aren't good enough though, I use a canvas bag and normal Everlast cloth wraps have never failed me.

I surprised that your wraps aren't good enough though, I use a canvas bag and normal Everlast cloth wraps have never failed me.

excellent!! the gloves seemed like they'd be too clunky

BTW, I totally disagree. Well, I guess they would be fine if you like injuring your hands? :D And definitely never pound on a heavy bag with just hand wraps. You do it enough...you'll hurt yourself. Trust me.

BTW, I totally disagree. Well, I guess they would be fine if you like injuring your hands? :D And definitely never pound on a heavy bag with just hand wraps. You do it enough...you'll hurt yourself. Trust me.

While I won't claim to have fought in the ring, I've had a heavy bag in my basement for about 3 years plus gym time. If you tape your wrist and put on your wraps properly, there is no reason that you will hurt your hand.

First, what type of bag are you using? There is a huge difference between a 100lb hard filled, and a 70 lb soft-filled. You can get away with a lot less on the lighter, soft-filled bags.

Wraps and gloves don't just protect your hands and wrists, they reduce the impact that is felt through the elbows and shoulders as well. You don't want to minimize the protection you're using and end up with chronic elbow or shoulder pain. I've seen way too many boxers suffer from those types of injuries.

Second, why are you hitting the bag? For exercise? If so, why would you want to reduce the resistance? The gloves from the link that Hitman posted are great gloves. I have a very similar pair from Ringside (90% of my equipment is from Ringside), but there's no rule against throwing on some 16oz sparring gloves and hitting the bag. You'll tone more, your hand speed will increase, and you'll have greater protection. We often trained with 20s in between fight preps. If I had to have a single pair of gloves to hit the bag with though, I'd definitely have a pair of 12 oz gloves. They're a good size and won't be "clunky" and should allow you to keep your hands up without getting too tired.

First, what type of bag are you using? There is a huge difference between a 100lb hard filled, and a 70 lb soft-filled. You can get away with a lot less on the lighter, soft-filled bags.

Wraps and gloves don't just protect your hands and wrists, they reduce the impact that is felt through the elbows and shoulders as well. You don't want to minimize the protection you're using and end up with chronic elbow or shoulder pain. I've seen way too many boxers suffer from those types of injuries.

Second, why are you hitting the bag? For exercise? If so, why would you want to reduce the resistance? The gloves from the link that Hitman posted are great gloves. I have a very similar pair from Ringside (90% of my equipment is from Ringside), but there's no rule against throwing on some 16oz sparring gloves and hitting the bag. You'll tone more, your hand speed will increase, and you'll have greater protection. We often trained with 20s in between fight preps. If I had to have a single pair of gloves to hit the bag with though, I'd definitely have a pair of 12 oz gloves. They're a good size and won't be "clunky" and should allow you to keep your hands up without getting too tired.

More good info here. :D

DJ doesn't need all that. keep in mind, he hits like a girl.

:D

:D

The bag is an 80 pound bag. Its actually a cheap one I found that has a blatter in it for water. ((much cheaper shipping)). Its softer than most but still tears up my knuckles. I am using it as an alternative to the eliptical.