[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Attention DC Huddlers

Rebellab

I once dated a young woman from Harrisonburg, VA, and I would fly to see her every 3 or 4 months. We spent quite a little time in DC and Baltimore. We really didn't spend a whole lot of time in DC proper we were always in the burbs. So I really don't know much about "Downtown." Well, I have to return to DC for a three day meeting. I will arrive on Sunday early afternoon, and I will have Sunday and Monday to kinda do what I wish. I have seen the monuments, Air and Space, Natural History, Holocost Museums, etc. I am staying HERE, and was wondering what there would be to do bars restaurants etc. The group I am meeting with, I have numerous friends, and I will be with them and like to have good places to go. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. I will be arriving on March 25 and leaving March 28. Thanks in advance. And cost really isn't an issue.

In other words, tell me where to go, but don't bother showing up. :D

I really didn't want anyone to feel obligated to show up. I would love to meet some of you, but I really don't figure anyone really cares to meet me. I would happily buy someone a drink if they would like.

You will be staying up Connecticut north of Dupont Circle. Dupont Circle has a lot of nice restaurants and bars. I took Puddy to a French restaurant there called Bistro du Coin.

You can always hit Georgetown and walkabout. Lots of bars, restaurants and stores and the Potomac and Harbor are there.

If you want to eat at one of the power lunch/dinner places, head to Cafe Milano on Prospect in Georgetown (although I prefer Peacock Cafe next door). There is also the Palm just below Dupont Circle on 19th St.

If you have time to kill, Old Town Virginia is just across the river from DC and King Street down by the water is very nice. Lots of bars/restaurants/shops, etc.

If yer into live music, check out the 9:30 Club show list. Taj Mahal and Los Lobos just played together in a cool place in Virginia but I missed it.

There is lots more to do depending on yer time.

Thanks, Skins. Evenings and nights are free to do what we want. We have to visit with our Congressional Delegation on Tuesday, and I will recommend one of those spots for my small group.