[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

RIP

sundaynfl

me too--he was great. I even once received as a gift (and still have) a book he wrote called Cheap Advice: A Guide to Low-Cost Luxury.

(I find it somewhat sad to learn that there will be no funeral service for him as he left no survivors.)

:D

Wow, I would've guessed he died several years ago.....

Just another reminder that that old Letterman show was far and away better than recent. I still think Letterman is funny, but his bits are horrible. "Will it Float"? Gimme a break.

The Old Bud Melman sketches, the Man Under the Seats, Nothing but Bulbs, and I really loved the skits where Lettermen was out on the street doing stuff. My favorite was when he brought a fruit basket to GE after they bought NBC (the secret handshake)

I loved it when he appeared in the RUN DMC video for the song "King of Rock" (1985). He played a rock museum security guard who tells the rap duo "You don't belong in here" at the start of the video. I wonder how the heck he ended up in that video. I wish I knew the story behind that one.

Wow, I would've guessed he died several years ago.....

Just another reminder that that old Letterman show was far and away better than recent. I still think Letterman is funny, but his bits are horrible. "Will it Float"? Gimme a break.

The Old Bud Melman sketches, the Man Under the Seats, Nothing but Bulbs, and I really loved the skits where Lettermen was out on the street doing stuff. My favorite was when he brought a fruit basket to GE after they bought NBC (the secret handshake)

+1

RIP to a very funny man

I haven't watched Letterman in years, but you'd think he would buck up 10 grand for a funeral, since his office made the annoncement.

He made plenty of $$$ at Bud's expense..maybe the funeral expense is due.

Oh well...shows heart..or lack there of....without all the facts, no one will know.