[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Travel Channel doesn't reup on WPT

Big Country

Good for GSN.. I like their coverage of High Stakes Poker on Mondays. Gabe Kaplan rocks! :D

+1 I hope they don't get rid of Mike Sexton though...I like him. Van Patten can hit the road. Replace him with Daniel Negraenu!!

Well, Sexton, VVP and the hostess are not contracted to Travel Channel, they are employed by the WPT. I don't know if they will make any changes to their commentating staff or not as the deal was just made, but I thnk GSN has done quite well in how they set up their other poker shows, and the WPT heading into it's 6th season has matured enough that we are for sure in for some good poker programming.

This may also mean that the PPT will make a return.

GSN is paying I believe $300k per episode plus committing to a minimum of $3 million annually in marketing the show. I think I saw that they will air it Monday nights as a lead-in or follow to the High Stakes Poker show.

I always wondered what would happen if Sexton ever made the final table - I'm sure they have plenty of guys available as back-up commentators.

GSN is paying I believe $300k per episode plus committing to a minimum of $3 million annually in marketing the show. I think I saw that they will air it Monday nights as a lead-in or follow to the High Stakes Poker show.

I always wondered what would happen if Sexton ever made the final table - I'm sure they have plenty of guys available as back-up commentators.

Yes, GSN just took up the standing deal the Travel Channel had and them committed the extra to marketing the show.

As part of his deal, Sexton is not allowed to play in any WPT event other than the specialty ones, like when they did the "By the Book" program featuring the poker authors (had Lederer, Sexton, Brunson, Caro, Sklansky and one other who escapes me at the moment)