[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Computer Help

Gonkis

A colleague of mine forgot the password for his PC running Windows 2000 Professional. What options do I have to reset it?

Guest account is disabled, don't know any passwords.

Am I SOL?

When it's installed, it uses the administrator account. Whoever installed it might remember the administrator password. Then you can log in as administrator and reset the user password. Is this a work machine and if so, is there an IT Dept?

It's his personal computer, and his kid (who installed it) works in IT and can't remember the password and is not local. I tried to hack into admin and his account unsuccessfully, obviously.

Would the admin username be "admin"?

It's his personal computer, and his kid (who installed it) works in IT and can't remember the password and is not local. I tried to hack into admin and his account unsuccessfully, obviously.

Would the admin username be "admin"?

Try Administrator with no password.

Did you try the "Password Tip" arrow?

:D

Works great!! Use it at home! at work! trick your friends!!

edit: In all seriousness, I have used this program often. Just don't muck with the user account names and you will be fine.

Edited by jetsfan

Thanks, I saw another website that was similar, but this one looks more legit. I don't think I have a choice, but to try something like this.

At least the demo should show you if it will or won't work before you buy.

Good Luck!

I have a bootable CD that will let you reset the password on any xp or 2k box that does not have a SATA HD... but glad you got it fixed anyway.

That's what I just bought. It removes the password, so you can specify it later. Thanks.