[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Peterson or Johnson keeper league

gogo2146

I have the #1 pick in this league. My team is short with RB's but I have a lot of upside. We can only keep 5

So with this group who would you select #1 overall

qb

E. Manning

T. Romo

C- pep

rb's

C. Benson

T. Henery

K.Jones

B. Jacobs

Wr

A. Johnson

R. Brown

J. Gennings

J. Porter

I feel like Johnson is pretty close to a can't miss in this draft. He may end up in Detroit which wouldn't be such a bad thing with Martz. Peterson's injury history concerns me.

I'm guessing most of the feedback you get will tell you Peterson but I prefer Johnson. The guy is an animal.

I'm guessing most of the feedback you get will tell you Peterson but I prefer Johnson. The guy is an animal.

To specifically answer your question which concerns "long term" I will say Johnson.

It is likely that Johnson's career will be twice as long as Peterson's, for as any football fan knows, the shelf life of an RB in the NFL is about 6-8 years at best, while a good receiver can play well into his 30's.

Thanks for that information. I feel if you get a great RB he will out perform a great WR. I also think there is a big drop off of production from the top RB's to the ok RB's while the production doesn't change that much for WR's

I know I said long term I guess I'm only thinking FF wise not career.

Thanks good stuff

I think Calvin Johnson has once in a decade talent. Add that he has the best big play receiver in Roy Williams, the mulit dimensional Kevin Jones at runningback, and Furrey as the no.3 along with the mad scientist Mike Martz, and I think he's a lock to do big things.

Im going to get a lot of flack for this, and it has nothing to do with me being a packers fan...

AD is a good back, but there is someone of his caliber in nearly every draft. He also is a poster child for injuries. Furthermore, he'l still share the load with last years offensive leader, Chester Taylor.

Roll with Benson, Jones, and Henry as your rb's and have a scary good wr corps.

I think Calvin Johnson has once in a decade talent. Add that he has the best big play receiver in Roy Williams, the mulit dimensional Kevin Jones at runningback, and Furrey as the no.3 along with the mad scientist Mike Martz, and I think he's a lock to do big things.

Im going to get a lot of flack for this, and it has nothing to do with me being a packers fan...

AD is a good back, but there is someone of his caliber in nearly every draft. He also is a poster child for injuries. Furthermore, he'l still share the load with last years offensive leader, Chester Taylor.

Roll with Benson, Jones, and Henry as your rb's and have a scary good wr corps.

It's a 5 player keeper league? Keep all 4 RBs & A Johnson & see what else falls from other teams. Your RB corps is very solid, and at worst you'll be able to do very well playing your own version of a RBBC.

If no other great players drop after keepers are declared, with your team I'd definitely take CJ, unless you can start 4 RBs. Peterson is going to a very shaky O in MIN, and if Jackson bombs at QB - which is still a good possibility - you may see 9 in the box against Peterson. CJ on the other hand is going to Mad Mikey's O with a stud WR already in place. He ought to have very good production in even his rookie year, and no where to go but up from there.

Thanks BB, I was thinking just that and trying to trade Romo or Manning for draft picks or some combo w/ a RB to upgrade that spot.

Do Romo or Manning have anough value in a 5 player keeper league (in other words, would anyone actually make them one of their 5 keepers) for you to make a tradeup? It might be possible (definetly possible in a start 2 QB league) but I'd have my doubts.

Doesn't ever hurt to put out feelers, though. You pretty much guarantee that you're going to get skunked on a day where you fish without putting any bait in the water...