[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

sorry barry bonds

dmarc117

Bonds hits 616...

Article an ESPN guy did considering the normal degradation of bat speed and the distance of all of Bond's home runs and the distance they would have traveled.

It looks like it isn't available to everyone now for some reason...now it is an Insider article...? :D

This is nonsense ...selig is not the reason barry used steroids , barry is the reason and only one to blame

And there is no way to tell if he could have would have broken aaron's record if h did not juice up because he did juice up which has contributed to his success and possible allowed him to play this long at such a high level

I stated what I heard from someone in mlb and in past this someone (my nephew ) has been dead on more often than not ..he says barry will likely ne indicted and mlb will do everything it can to suspend him ..call it baloney , etc but this is the word ..so let's see what happens

This is nonsense ...selig is not the reason barry used steroids , barry is the reason and only one to blame

The culture of not caring whether or not players used performance enhancers starts at the top.

Barry Bonds is not the only player to ever have been accused of using performance enhancers, yet he's the only one we ever hear or talk about. Do we discuss Roger Clemens accomplishments at his age? We seem to not bring up how excited we were about Mark McGwire and Sammy Sosa in 1998? One of my favorite players ever was Edgar Martinez, and entire career can be called into question because of this stuff.

MLB has allowed the brunt of all criticism and vile to be spewed about this issue to be directed at one person. It deserves to be spread around to a lot more than that.

The culture of not caring whether or not players used performance enhancers starts at the top.

Barry Bonds is not the only player to ever have been accused of using performance enhancers, yet he's the only one we ever hear or talk about. Do we discuss Roger Clemens accomplishments at his age? We seem to not bring up how excited we were about Mark McGwire and Sammy Sosa in 1998? One of my favorite players ever was Edgar Martinez, and entire career can be called into question because of this stuff.

MLB has allowed the brunt of all criticism and vile to be spewed about this issue to be directed at one person. It deserves to be spread around to a lot more than that.

Sorry but ther are plenty of players who have taken th hits and have been exposed ( in some cases ruined ) ..mcgwire is one of them , and look at raffy palmiero ...sheffield lost some luster and giambi should have lost more

Problem is none of these guys are as high profile as bonds or chasing the significant ( if not most significant ) record in baseball ..so ofcourse the spotlight will be brighter on bonds as it should be ...these are grown men ..those who cheated chose too with no one to blame but themselves already

Sorry but ther are plenty of players who have taken th hits and have been exposed ( in some cases ruined ) ..mcgwire is one of them , and look at raffy palmiero ...sheffield lost some luster and giambi should have lost more

Nowhere close to the constant barrage conducted towards Bonds.

..those who cheated chose too with no one to blame but themselves already

I'll throw out the obvious, but cheat? :D

And there is no way to tell if he could have would have broken aaron's record if h did not juice up because he did juice up which has contributed to his success and possible allowed him to play this long at such a high level

I stated what I heard from someone in mlb and in past this someone (my nephew ) has been dead on more often than not ..he says barry will likely ne indicted and mlb will do everything it can to suspend him ..call it baloney , etc but this is the word ..so let's see what happens

Selig is absolutely the reason Bonds used them: there was no attempt to prevent their use and they weren't against the rules until the beginning of 2002.

Now look at the results: Selig got what he wiashed for: more power in the game. but look out, now the game's most hallowed record will be broken as a result of a player playing within his bs system that allowed him to juice.

If over half the pitchers are juicing, and he's competing against a bunch of guys who are juicing why doesn't he? IT was only against the law, NOT against the rules of baseball at the time. That's all on Selig.

Selig is absolutely the reason Bonds used them: there was no attempt to prevent their use and they weren't against the rules until the beginning of 2002.

Now look at the results: Selig got what he wiashed for: more power in the game. but look out, now the game's most hallowed record will be broken as a result of a player playing within his bs system that allowed him to juice.

If over half the pitchers are juicing, and he's competing against a bunch of guys who are juicing why doesn't he? IT was only against the law, NOT against the rules of baseball at the time. That's all on Selig.

that is ridiculous ..why didnt every player take them then ..or many more players take them ?? it will always be on Bonds

that is ridiculous ..why didnt every player take them then ..or many more players take them ?? it will always be on Bonds

Well, let me clarify. No matter how much vitriol and disdain you (and I) have towrds Bonds - all of it justified - I honestly feel it should be x10 towards Selig.

Bonds juiced, then lied about it. He's vile scum that stains the game. But he's vile slime from the snot of Bud Selig. When Selig testified before Congress a senator stopped him while answering a question to remind him what perjury was in his position.