[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Trade 1.1 pick for 1.3 pick and players?

I have the 1.1 pick in our 12 team dynasty league. I have been offered the 1.3 pick and player(s) for my 1.1 pick.

Here is my roster.......

Anderson, Derek CLE QB

Garrard, David JAC QB

Leftwich, Byron JAC QB

Losman, J.P. BUF QB

Simms, Chris TBB QB

Addai, Joseph IND RB

Bell, Mike DEN RB

Gado, Samkon HOU RB

Griffith, Justin OAK RB

Jones, Julius DAL RB

Lewis, Jamal CLE RB

Lundy, Wali HOU RB

Robinson, Michael SFO RB

Clayton, Mark BAL WR

Clayton, Michael TBB WR

Evans, Lee BUF WR

Jones, Matt JAC WR

Mason, Derrick BAL WR

Moss, Santana WAS WR

Williams, Demetrius BAL WR

Crumpler, Alge ATL TE

Gonzalez, Tony KCC TE

Gould, Robbie CHI PK

Jaguars, Jacksonville JAC Def

Here is his roster..........

Cutler, Jay DEN QB

Palmer, Carson CIN QB

Schaub, Matt HOU QB

Vick, Michael ATL QB

Barber, Marion DAL RB

Benson, Cedric CHI RB

Holmes, Priest KCC RB

Johnson, Rudi CIN RB

Jones, Kevin DET RB

Norwood, Jerious ATL RB

Perry, Chris CIN RB

Pinner, Artose MIN RB

Smith, Musa BAL RB

Brown, Reggie PHI WR

Bryant, Antonio FA WR

Curry, Ronald OAK WR

Gabriel, Doug OAK WR

Jackson, Vincent SDC WR

Jenkins, Michael ATL WR

Smith, Steve CAR WR

Ward, Hines PIT WR

White, Roddy ATL WR

Shockey, Jeremy NYG TE

Rackers, Neil ARI PK

49ers, San Francisco SFO Def

As you can see, I earned the 1.1 pick. :D My team is need of work. Should I make a deal or should I hold steady with my 1.1?

We start 1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR/TE, 1 K, 1 DEF

Thanks

:D

Edited by Yannick Noah

There is a really big drop-off in quality from 1.1 to 1.3 in this years rookie drafts, so you need to get something significant in return.

He's really deep at QB and shouldn't have many reservations in moving one if he wants to move up, so I would try to get the QB he likes least out of Vick/Palmer. If that price is too steep for him to move up, then ask for Cutler and V. Jackson.

um, what players are being offered?

That might help a bit, huh?

If you own the 1.01, you might have a bit of trepidation today. AD going to MIN is going to bring down his value - that O is in a serious mess right now. If Jackson doesn't pan out at QB, it's going to go way into the toilet as teams may actually put 9 in the box against as guy as talented as he is.

CJ is starting to look like at least Peterson's equal value in a ppr league - going to Mad Mikey's O with R Williams already in place.

The 1.03 isn't a bad spot at all this year - you'll get an immediate starter with either Lynch in BUF or Jackson in GB. You just need to figure out which one has the better opportunity long-term. Tough call on that one...

That might help a bit, huh?

If you own the 1.01, you might have a bit of trepidation today. AD going to MIN is going to bring down his value - that O is in a serious mess right now. If Jackson doesn't pan out at QB, it's going to go way into the toilet as teams may actually put 9 in the box against as guy as talented as he is.

CJ is starting to look like at least Peterson's equal value in a ppr league - going to Mad Mikey's O with R Williams already in place.

The 1.03 isn't a bad spot at all this year - you'll get an immediate starter with either Lynch in BUF or Jackson in GB. You just need to figure out which one has the better opportunity long-term. Tough call on that one...

Yeah, the draft really has put more craziness into my situation. I'm in a PPR league and It is crazy imagining what kind of points Calvin could put up in that system. I'm having visions of Holt/Bruce :D I have WR/TE depth, but no true stud. My RBs are hurting, but I think Jamal got a small bump up and Addai could really provide some help for me in the future.

I think the owner with the roster above is waiting for me to make an offer, which would really give him some leverage. I've asked him to make an offer and he said that all of his players are open.

Would it be crazy for me to keep the 1.1? I've been getting advice to trade the pick for more value, but honestly the offers I've been getting are not cutting it.

Thanks!

Yeah, the draft really has put more craziness into my situation. I'm in a PPR league and It is crazy imagining what kind of points Calvin could put up in that system. I'm having visions of Holt/Bruce :D I have WR/TE depth, but no true stud. My RBs are hurting, but I think Jamal got a small bump up and Addai could really provide some help for me in the future.

I think the owner with the roster above is waiting for me to make an offer, which would really give him some leverage. I've asked him to make an offer and he said that all of his players are open.

Would it be crazy for me to keep the 1.1? I've been getting advice to trade the pick for more value, but honestly the offers I've been getting are not cutting it.

Thanks!

NP - if he says all of his players are open, offer Palmer & the 1.03 for 1.01. When he balks at that (unless he doesn't & you make that steal), reduce your request to Cutler & the 1.03 for the 1.01, and then do it. You'll still get a good starting RB, and you'll get a very good QB in the deal. If he's serious & that determined about the 1.01, he'll make that deal with 4 starting QBs on his roster. If he's not serious, then tell him that and that it is now his turn to make a serious offer.

That's a good way to start digging yourself out of future 1.01s.