[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Computer Question

Jackass

Spyware, viri, probably haven't cleaned out temp files in years, bunch of crappy memory resident programs, etc, etc.

thanks. i figured i'd start with clearing my temp files since that seemed straightforward. but i went into my my temp folder and all that's in there is a folder labeled 'content.ies' and 4 subfolders with numbers and letters but no files. any ideas on where these files are??

thanks. i figured i'd start with clearing my temp files since that seemed straightforward. but i went into my my temp folder and all that's in there is a folder labeled 'content.ies' and 4 subfolders with numbers and letters but no files. any ideas on where these files are??

:D

To clear out Temp Internet Files:

In Internet Explorer, click Tools, then Internet Options.

Select Delete, then select Temporary Files.

I'll give you the same advice I give everyone.

Launch RegEdit and just start deleting stuff that you don't recognize until the system starts running faster. If that doesn't work, start disconnecting cables inside the case and see if that works.

pebcak.

Although the advice to backup everything and reload windows is a good one. I'm about to do that myself. Painful, but necessary. Also, you may want to consider getting more memory for the box. New programs are bigger and more bloated than old programs even if it's just an upgrade.

To clear out Temp Internet Files:

In Internet Explorer, click Tools, then Internet Options.

Select Delete, then select Temporary Files.

Thanks, but I don't have internet explorer. I have Firefox.

Edited by Jackass

I've owned it about 3 years. Is all my p*rn surfing finally catching up to me?

Download Ad-Aware (free), and it will probably find all of the annoying spyware and ad-aware that's built up on your computer. Ad-Aware Personal is the pioneer of the anti-spyware utilities, and I've always trusted their application as it seems to help a lot. :D