[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Visa Gift Cards

Duchess Jack

I want to buy something from a questionable internet site. I was wondering - if I got a VISA gft card - could I use it as a credit card on the internet (so I am not giving a real credit card number)?

Renewing your huddle membership?

I want to buy something from a questionable internet site. I was wondering - if I got a VISA gft card - could I use it as a credit card on the internet (so I am not giving a real credit card number)?

buy something from a questionable internet site OR buy something questionable from an internet site? :D

If it's the former, check with your own credit card company to see if they have one-time numbers for you to use in situations like this. If it's the latter, post pictures.

buy something from a questionable internet site OR buy something questionable from an internet site? :D

If it's the former, check with your own credit card company to see if they have one-time numbers for you to use in situations like this. If it's the latter, post pictures.

Its the former. I use cash to pay for the latter.

Good call on the cc company.

What's the website? :D

As long as the site in encrypted and sponsored by RSA Security, or VeriSign (any of the major security enabling companies) then you should be safe. In fact, it's probably safer to order from the internet than it is to use your card in a retail store.

The good news (for the future of Credit Cards) is that VeriSign is offering a new constantly changing password to incorporate into Credit Cards:

With the card, consumers logging on to an online bank account, for instance, would type in their regular username and password, along with a six-digit code that appears on the card's display window. That code constantly changes, meaning the customer needs to have possession of the card to access the account.

Security companies like VeriSign and EMC Corp.'s RSA Security Inc. have been promoting one-time passwords and other "two-factor" authentication systems to combat "phishing" and other scams aimed at tricking users into revealing sensitive data like passwords.

By requiring a second code that is tied to a device or a card in the user's possession, an online account remains protected even if the regular password is compromised. If a customer loses the device or card, someone would still need to know the username and password to log on.

What's the website? :D

[/url]:

I have it at home. I posted a link a couple months ago about building your own arcade machine. I found a site that sells CDs of open source software for classic (and not so classic) arcade games, N64 games, saga games, etc.

As it turns out - I can get what amounts to 10,000 games for like $40 bucks. They come in a self installing CD so you don't have to worry about MAME or anything like that. I'd be worried about that part of it if I wasn't putting it on its own computer (to put in the arcade cabinet) but there'll be nothing else on the PC so if that is bad I can just format it.