[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

dynasty league help

hey fellas I am in desperate need of some advice

i just took over a team in a dynasty league (12 teams) the team i inherited is as follows

QB (1 spot):

Matt Hasselbeck

Brett Favre

RB (2 spots):

Tiki Barber (retired) **released**

Deuce McAllister

Fred Taylor

Verron Haynes **released**

WR (3 spots):

Larry Fitzgerald

Rod Smith

Joe Jurevicius

Keenan McCardell **released**

TE (1 spot):

Antonio Gates

Jerramy Stevens

WR/RB Flex (1 spot)

K (1 spot):

Nate Kaeding **released**

Neil Rackers **released**

LB (2 spots):

Takeo Spikes

Boss Bailey

DL (2 spots):

Richard Seymour

Raheem Brock

DB (2 spots):

Champ Bailey

Chris McAlister

John Lynch

Charles Woodson

Rodney Harrison

Adam Jones **released**

Shawntae Spencer

I have the #1 pick in this years rookie draft and FA draft

the rookie draft s the first 2 rounds and the FA draft is rounds 3-8

so basically i figure there is no way i can be competitive this year with the shambles this team is in. So i was going to trade Fitz away. Put him on the market. Out of all the lowball offers i recieved I actually got 2 offers that i am considering both from the same team.

offer 1

Fitz

for

Chambers , his 3rd round selection which is #2 (FA)

offer 2

Fitz & my 3rd rd selection #1 (FA)

for

Chambers , his rd 2 selection which is #2 (rookie)

so the way i see it is I will have the first 2 selections in the 2nd round of the rookie draft as well as the #1 selection in the 1st round the only thing is I wont have a FA pick till the 4th.

I am really unsure how to continue with this, need some help.

Edited by jetsman2806

I don't know much about IDP, so I can't comment much on that aspect (other than it looks like you have a ton of DBs, might consider moving one of them)

I don't know that moving Fitz is the best idea. You obviously have some rebuilding to do. You can survive on QB for now, TE your golden, RB and WR you are hurting. I think you either go with CJ or AP for 1.01, find a solid WR/RB at 2.01, and then you will have your pick on the free agent pool with 3.01. Surely you should be able to get a decent RB/WR, depending on how many players each team can keep.

I think you best option is to try and pick up some extra draft picks by moving a couple DBs (again I don't know a lot about IDP leagues, but it seems like you have more than you need, considering you can only start two.)

If you are trying to rebuild, getting rid of a young guy like fitz is the last thing you want to do.

well the guy who offered me the picks has already told me he is going for CJ on in the 1st, yet i pick ahead of him so if i trade fitz and get the rookie picks i grab cj in the 1st, then with the back to back 2nd rounders grab 2 backs, maybe michael bush and antonio pittman?? what you think?

also we keep 18 players per roster, so the FA market is really kinda bare not much available running back wise

Edited by jetsman2806

I as well don't know to much about IDP. But it looks like you are sad at RB and WR . You have a bunch of good players to use as bait like Stevens, Lynch,Bailey that might get you some players you can work with. I do like the fact that you have a chance to get some early picks ,like you said it might be hard to keep up this season but with what you have it might be nice to build a young team with those picks and hope that some of them are studs later down the road :D .... good luck

I would not trade Fitz. Especially not for Chambers and a pick. You have to go either Peterson or Johnson with your #1. You should keep Baily, McAllister and Woodson for your DB's. Spikes should serve you well since he should play the weak side. Try to trade some of your other players for picks and work on getting some RB and WR's. If you can post the site I would like to see who is on the FA market.

I would not trade Fitz. Especially not for Chambers and a pick. You have to go either Peterson or Johnson with your #1. You should keep Baily, McAllister and Woodson for your DB's. Spikes should serve you well since he should play the weak side. Try to trade some of your other players for picks and work on getting some RB and WR's. If you can post the site I would like to see who is on the FA market.

i decided not to trade fitz , but i did get a back, traded champ bailey and got Jerious Norwood and a draft pick this year, so thats a start, the FA list is really empty not much available.

this is the site

http://www.fleaflicker.com/showLeague.do?leagueId=8441

At this moment I am taking A.P with the #1 rookie pick. I dont think I could make a better choice than him at this time, in the 2nd rookie round I am thinking one of these 3, Michael Bush , Anthony Gonzalez , Dwayne Jarret. what you think?