[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Help with my deeper keeper team

CBSux

I am in an 8 man deeper keeper league where we keep 9 guys. It is pretty much a basic scoring league with a point for every 20 yards and passing TD's are worth 4 points. Our league is unique in that we have what's called a swiper rule to balance the teams a little. Each team can protect 4 players that are untouchable. Then the next 5 guys can be swiped from your team (you can only lose one player) The worst place team gets the first swipe and I get the last swiper pick :D

QB's---M. Bulger, M. Vick, M. Leinart (start 2)

I would like to keep 2 of these guys but don't know which ones. I'm leaning Bulger and Leinart and see if I can trade Vick.

RB's---S. Alexander, S. Jackson, R. Brown, C. Benson, T. Jones, J. Lewis. I also have the #1 pick and will take A. Peterson thanks to a trade last year where I gave up C. Taylor to a Viking homer (kind of ironic that Peterson will steal his job at some point :D (start 3)

I am protecting Alexander, Jackson, and R. Brown. I would like to keep one more between the others but am struggling which one to keep. I am actively trying to trade the others because others are not sitting pretty at RB like I am.

WR's---S. Smith, R. Wayne, D. Stallworth, H. Ward, B. Edwards (start 3)

Smith is my 4th protected player, and I would like to keep 2 more WR's because I have a feeling Wayne will be swiped from my team. I love the upside of Edwards, but it's tough to let Ward go. Maybe I can get an extra pick for Stallworth.

My protected players are easy----Alexander, Jackson, Brown and Smith.

My next 5 guys are not and remember one of them will be stolen from my team.

Any advice on what I should do?

Should I trade those RB's or keep them and be a RB whore? How do you rank Lewis, Benson and T. Jones?

Should I only keep Bulger and maybe grab my 2nd QB in the draft? We start 2 and I would be afraid that someone would swipe Bulger from me and leave me with no QB's so I would like to keep 2.

What should I do at WR?

Sorry about such a long post, but I wanted to get as many details to you guys/gals as possible. I WANT THE TROPHY this year because last year I got hosed!!!!!!

I would seriously consider protecting Wayne over Brown. (You are taking AD, as you stated, give you someone to think about later in post) This would give you 2 of 3 starters both RB and WR. then I would leave available to the swipe Brown, Benson, T Jones, Bulger, and Leinart. This way if someone takes a QB from this list you have 5 RB, 2 WR and 1 QB. If they choose RB you are left with 4 RB, 2 WR, and 2 QB. Chances are that a RB will be taken (and since you are taking AD, with the first pick) you are still solid there. If not, you have plenty of RB for the year. Depending on who is swiped, you may want to take CJ instead of AD. then you would have 3 WR and be building WR for the future, too.

My protected players are easy----Alexander, Jackson, Brown and Smith.

I would protect Wayne over Brown, then you get 2 of Brown, TJ or Benson. Worst Case

My next 5 guys are not and remember one of them will be stolen from my team.

Brown, TJ, Benson, Leinert, Bulger

Should I trade those RB's or keep them and be a RB whore? How do you rank Lewis, Benson and T. Jones?

Lewis isn't worth it IMO. Wayne would be better. And yes try to trade one but you can only protect 5 so I would plan on protecting 2 RBs and 2 WRs

Should I only keep Bulger and maybe grab my 2nd QB in the draft? We start 2 and I would be afraid that someone would swipe Bulger from me and leave me with no QB's so I would like to keep 2.

No, with starting 2, I would keep 2 and hope 1 doesn't get snagged

What should I do at WR?

Protect Wayne & Smith, let the rest go

So

Untouchable

Alexander

Jackson

Wayne

Smith

Touchable

Leinert

Bulger

Benson

TJ

Brown

Worst case you lose a QB but have a RB to trade, otherwise you still have your 2 QBs and 4 very good RBs

Hope that helps

Edited by Zooty

I would protect Wayne over Brown, then you get 2 of Brown, TJ or Benson. Worst Case

Brown, TJ, Benson, Leinert, Bulger

Lewis isn't worth it IMO. Wayne would be better. And yes try to trade one but you can only protect 5 so I would plan on protecting 2 RBs and 2 WRs

No, with starting 2, I would keep 2 and hope 1 doesn't get snagged

Protect Wayne & Smith, let the rest go

So

Untouchable

Alexander

Jackson

Wayne

Smith

Touchable

Leinert

Bulger

Benson

TJ

Brown

Worst case you lose a QB but have a RB to trade, otherwise you still have your 2 QBs and 4 very good RBs

Hope that helps.

I agree with this assessment. You're set at running back and Ronnie will most likely get swiped but who cares. You'd still have Cedric and T. Jones separated and most likely starters for their respective teams. I think Reggie Wayne will go off this year as Marvin starts to show some aging. If Ronnie doesn't get swiped then you'd have some serious trade bait for another stud receiver or QB.

I agree with this assessment. You're set at running back and Ronnie will most likely get swiped but who cares. You'd still have Cedric and T. Jones separated and most likely starters for their respective teams. I think Reggie Wayne will go off this year as Marvin starts to show some aging. If Ronnie doesn't get swiped then you'd have some serious trade bait for another stud receiver or QB.

Agreed. Protect Wayne over Brown ...

Thanks for all the replies. I am leaning on protecting Wayne over Brown right now. To be honest I didn't even really think of keeping Wayne, but it makes sense. I might lose Brown, but IMO Jones and/or Benson could have a bigger year than Brown.

thanks again!