[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

2007 Draft Pick

2007 Draft Pick  

6 members have voted

1. 1. Should I Trade or Not Trade

• Trade
    • Not Trade

Hi Everyone,

I'm looking at a trade offer for my 1.01 draft pick in a 12 team total keeper league. We score points for yards, Td's, receptions, and carries. I have the 1.01 pick. If I keep the 1.01 I'll draft either A. Peterson RB (Vikings) or M. Lynch RB (Buffalo). If I accept the trade offer I'll receive the 1.03 draft pick + Brian Westbrook. In that case I'd take the remaining player of the big three: Peterson, Lynch, or Calvin Johnson WR. I would be giving up the 1.01 + Brandon Jacobs RB (Giants). This is my current roster: QB's= T. Romo, J. Williams, R. Grossman; RB's= Caddy Williams, L. Maroney, B. Jacobs, T. Bell, M. Bell, C. Dillon; WR's= M. Colston, Reg. Brown, J. Galloway, Santonio Holmes, Greg Jennings, C. Henry, Michael Clayton; TE's= LJ Smith; What do you think? Keep the 1.01 or trade for Westbrook + 1.03? Thanks for your thoughts.

Edited by buckeyejim

In my opinion, I'd ask for a little more value in a player than Westbrook. I had him last year, as good as he was, and I'm still not sold on him. I say go after peterson, but don't rule out johnson. Your WRs don't look bad but they don't look great either.

In my opinion, I'd ask for a little more value in a player than Westbrook. I had him last year, as good as he was, and I'm still not sold on him. I say go after peterson, but don't rule out johnson. Your WRs don't look bad but they don't look great either.

Thanks for the thoughts sdrewp75. I agree my WR's aren't great. They're young and a year or two from being at the head of the class. My whole team is young. As far as Westbrook I was looking to add a little experience to the lineup but am worried about his knees. It doesn't benefit me if I have an experienced RB on the bench with injuries. Plus he'll be 29 this Sept. Approaching that magic 30 year old plateau. Thanks again.

Do your RBs get ppr?

If they do, you've got a real conundrum on your hands. Westbrook in a ppr league is a top 5 RB, and to get the 1.03 pick , which would translate into either Lynch or CJ, with him is a pretty close value to Jacobs with the 1.01. With Westbrook you get the total yd numbers but suffer on injury & TDs (especially with Hunt on the roster). With Jacobs you get an unknown in a very potent running game.

I've made it no secret on this board that I believe Jacobs will be a top 10 RB, but that's because I look beyond his size/weight and see tremendous agility & good hands out of the backfield. Others just can't get beyond thinking that with his size he ought to be a FB (or a DE).

In a dynasty league and my opinion towards Jacobs, if it were my choice I'd relish the chance to run Jacobs & Peterson together for a few years. If you aren't sold on Jacobs, running Westbrook & Lynch together for 2-3 more years and looking to pick up Lynch's FF running mate beyond that in a future draft is a great way to go also.

I'd let the scoring system & your opinion on Jacobs' future as a featured RB drive your choice here.

Bronco yet again with spot on advice.

As noted, in PPR Westbrook is a top 5 RB, so long as he stays healthy. Jacobs is an unknown with top 10 potential, but I am not quite as bullish on him at this point as BB is.

If you could tlk the owner into taking one of the Bell's it's a no brainer to do the deal.

IMO, your team is a couple years away from likely making push for any type of title run, particularly considering your WRs are subpar. I think I stick with Jacobs and pick up Peterson. Gives you some very young RBs with all the skills to be top fantasy RBs. Then, you can focus on improving your WRs, and possibly QB with your other picks and other trades that may come your way.