[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

New York Area Huddlers

'canes2004

Ok, I have to make a trip to my home state of CT. I used to drive it a longggg time ago but it has been awhile since i've been back home. I just got my AAA Trip Tic and everything seems pretty smooth. 95 all the way to the Jersey Turnpike, then to the Garden State Parkway. Here is where I'm a bit confused. I have to get off the GSP and pick up 684 to 84 into Hartford. It looks like I run into 287 first then to 684 then to 84? Am I reading this thing right. It will be on the weekend so Im hoping traffic will be minimal. Any help would be appreciated.

Ok, I have to make a trip to my home state of CT. I used to drive it a longggg time ago but it has been awhile since i've been back home. I just got my AAA Trip Tic and everything seems pretty smooth. 95 all the way to the Jersey Turnpike, then to the Garden State Parkway. Here is where I'm a bit confused. I have to get off the GSP and pick up 684 to 84 into Hartford. It looks like I run into 287 first then to 684 then to 84? Am I reading this thing right. It will be on the weekend so Im hoping traffic will be minimal. Any help would be appreciated.

gsp ends at a fork. you want to take 287 towards the tappan zee bridge (287 south, i think, but it'll be marked). after the bridge, 684 is about fifteen minutes away and that leads to 84.

if there's some horrific traffic, taking 287 the other way leads to the ny thruway, which is the scenic route to 84 that avoids the city.

gsp ends at a fork. you want to take 287 towards the tappan zee bridge (287 south, i think, but it'll be marked). after the bridge, 684 is about fifteen minutes away and that leads to 84.

if there's some horrific traffic, taking 287 the other way leads to the ny thruway, which is the scenic route to 84 that avoids the city.

Awesome. Thank you! :D

Yep. The Parkway will end, and you'll have the option to take 287/87 North/West, or 287/87 South/East towards the Tappan Zee Bridge. Unless you plan on being in that area between 7 and 9 am, traffic shouldn't be a problem, and it's a much shorter trip than taking 287/87 North/West to 84.

Yep. The Parkway will end, and you'll have the option to take 287/87 North/West, or 287/87 South/East towards the Tappan Zee Bridge. Unless you plan on being in that area between 7 and 9 am, traffic shouldn't be a problem, and it's a much shorter trip than taking 287/87 North/West to 84.

Cool, thanx for the input. I should be in that area in the late afternoon/early evening time on Sat.

Why not take the Merritt Pkwy? It's prettier and there's usually less traffic. Plus you don't have to look at Waterbury.

Don't confuse me. :D

Or at least give me your phone # so I can call you when I'm lost.

"Hello CEO, this is 'Canes here. Where the f*ck am I and how do I get out?" :D

I took this exact route about 1000 times going from NJ to Boston in the last few years. GSP until it ends. 287 over the Tappan Zee. About 5 minutes after the TZ, stay to the right and you'll catch 684. Which will put you right on 84. It's a breeze.

I took this exact route about 1000 times going from NJ to Boston in the last few years. GSP until it ends. 287 over the Tappan Zee. About 5 minutes after the TZ, stay to the right and you'll catch 684. Which will put you right on 84. It's a breeze.

Awesome. Thank you! :D

You'll basically be driving by my house, got time for a beer?

I wish! I'm driving a new truck to my sister in CT. Basically I'm getting off work on Fri. driving to Jacksonville to pick up her truck, then bee lining to CT to deliver it to her and flying back from Bradley on Sun. morning. I cannot take anytime off of work so it has to be a weekend blitz there and back.

I'm thinking of coming up in the fall, hopefully during the Dolphins/Patsies week. I would love to hook up with a few Huddlers along the way. FWmaker is near NYC as well so maybe we could do a night in the big city with some Huddlers. Maybe pay a visit to Scores or something. :D