[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Graphics & photo editing software

rajncajn

I'm looking for a good graphics & photo editing software that won't break the bank....suggestions?

Free would be good, but I don't mind spending $30-$40 or so to get something much better. Right now I'm working with MS Paint & some weak software that came with my Sony Digital Camera.

Agreed but free and good, don't equate.

Photoshop elements is your best choice. Anything else will be similar to what you're using now.

:D

Looks like I'll have to wait for a while then since I just had to buy another camera to replace the one we lost. :tup:

On a good note I upgraded to a Canon A630. :D

Edited by rajncajn

You may be able to download a trial version from Adobe.

You may be able to download a trial version from Adobe.

Nah, I despise trial versions. They're ok if you just want to test something out with the real intent of buying it. But otherwise they become more of a pain in the arse once the trial runs out...especially if you forget to cancel the order. :D

try picasa, free from google. it lets you do all the basics...cropping, adjusting brightness, color, contrast, remove redeye, etc., and it is extremely easy and intuitive to use. for 90% of the people out there with point-and-shoot digital cameras it will meet all their photo-editing needs.