[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

I Bet You

Big Country

MOJO is an HD channel, so it is probably only in limited households, but, they ahve a show on there called I Bet You, which features Phil Laak and Antonio Esfandiari making random prop bets throughout. Generally, there is one main bet that is the feature of the show, intersparsed with lots of other bets throughout.

The first epsiode, the mina bet was who was the better bartender. Basically they went to an LA Bar, got to pick one of the bartenders there to train them, then, that night, they were on for an hour, and whomever ended up with the most tips won the bet, which was for something like $2500. The random bets they did included each of them picking a random person off of the street, and teaching them for 10 minutes to play heads up poker, then these people would play right there on the street, and whomever player won won like $1000. They also had to hitchhike or whatever they could from one side of LA to the other without paying anyone. One other bet they had was betting what kind of panties a girl was wearing.

2nd show was in Vegas and they each got to choose a stripper to play poker for them. Same premise as above. Bunch of other bets ensued.

This past weekend, they had one day to learn to surf, then it was a test to see how long they could stand on the board in the water with something like 5 minutes to do it in. Other bets included betting the over under on how many tracks were on a CD some guy was trying to sell on the street and then also to see who could panhandle for the most money in 10 minutes.

It could certainly use some tweaking, but the interaction between Phil and Antonio is great and it seems like a lof of fun.

Next time in Vegas I am going to try convince Darin and spain and others to do some of this. Add a little something extra to the trip.

The Magician is probably the best guy to do this kind of show too. I wonder if it is downloadable.

I believe there is an episode up at mojohd.com or whatever the address is for the mojohd channel.

Not the greatest show by any stretch, but it is fun.

The show I watch on Mojo is "Three Sheets". The host of the show travels to different parts of the world and gets drunk as hell.

That's it.

He drinks local crazy alcohol in south american villages. He checks out the action at October fest. He rides the tequila train.

It's good TV.