[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

The Indianapolis 500

wiegie

So, I'm not big into auto-racing, but I figured I would watch the Indy 500 anyway (or rather, have it on in the background as I did some other stuff).

I have to say, from what I have seen, it is mostly a joke instead of an interesting race. Several cars have had parts fall off for seemingly no reason (including a side-view mirror and a wheel that fell off of a car as it tried to leave pit-row). There was also a car that couldn't get refueled for a while because the pit-crew couldn't get the fueling hose to work right.

There have been a number of wrecks seemingly coming for no reason other than just dumb driver errors.

And now the race has been red-flagged due to rain and potentially could end as the second-shortest race in Indy 500 history.

Not a very good day for open-wheel racing.

when race car driving used to be all about speed, the 500 was awesome. However, for action, open wheel racing pales in comparision to NASCAR. I live in Indy, and I think they both suck. Not a race car fan at all.

They did restart the race, but rain moved in again and the race was called.

So, I'm not big into auto-racing, but I figured I would watch the Indy 500 anyway (or rather, have it on in the background as I did some other stuff).

I have to say, from what I have seen, it is mostly a joke instead of an interesting race. Several cars have had parts fall off for seemingly no reason (including a side-view mirror and a wheel that fell off of a car as it tried to leave pit-row). There was also a car that couldn't get refueled for a while because the pit-crew couldn't get the fueling hose to work right.

There have been a number of wrecks seemingly coming for no reason other than just dumb driver errors.

And now the race has been red-flagged due to rain and potentially could end as the second-shortest race in Indy 500 history.

Not a very good day for open-wheel racing.

I was at that shortest race........ :D .......also the year of the 1st woman driver .....Janet Guthrie