[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

How My Friday Went

jaxfactor

I get a 3 day weekend every 6 weeks and this was mine. I had no plans other than to run some errands which included stopping by Ace hardware to get some of the potent drain opener thanks to my SO's brother who decided to clean a chicken in our sink which has no garbage disposal. :doh:

So I get home from the errands and decide to get right to unclogging the kitchen sink. Now, it had standing water in it but the stuff i get at the hardware store has yet to fail me. I pour some in the kitchen sink when it gives this unbelievable reaction and stinking of acid fumes really bad. It's then that I notice water coming from the cabinet under the sink. I look under and the pipes are leaking all over the place. So I get a metal bucket and put it under to catch the leak. It then starts leaking in another place and starts spewing right out onto the floor. So I grab some old towels and manage to wrap one around the pipe, the whole time holding my breath to avoid the acid fumes. I run out of breath while wrapping the pipe and manage to inhale a big wiff of the deadly toxic fumes. I about keel over right there but manage to scramble out of the house to get some fresh air. I open the back door and decide to rid the sink of the standing water. So I'm using an old plastic butter tub to dump the water into the bucket when I manage to inhale yet another breath of the wicked fumes. :D I stumble around looking like a true idjut but manage to get the sink empty.

Now i go out back to dump the toxic water behind my shed where nothing but dirt exists. It's then that a stiff breeze comes up and after the initial joy over how good it feels a branch from one of two slash pines I have left falls down, barely missing me. Now i just had a tree removed three months ago. So I look up only to discover that both slash pines are completely dead. So I go to get the phone book and my cell phone and proced to call a plummer and three different tree surgeons. The plummers all say they can't get anyone out unless i want them to come out on the weekend. Cha-ching. I say no, but PLEASE come out first thing Monday morning. Now i'm starting to cough and getting these nasty yellow snots coming from my lungs. I'm seriously thinking of going to the emergency room, but decide not to because i have visions of my SO getting home and using the sink even if I leave her a note not to(she does things like this). I had one tree company come by Friday and gave me a quote of $3400.00. So I'm thinking that I'm f'ked. Well, two more came by today and i managed to get a pretty cheap quote of $1450.00 but they leave the stumps there. I agree to that and they'll be by Thursday. Now, Friday night the weather called for a tropical storm coming in from the Gulf coast and sweeping northeast right over Jacksonville and my house. :tup: So I didn't feel too good Friday night due to the toxic fumes and was really paranoid that one of the trees was going to fall on my house. We really needed the rain and managed to escape the high winds so I survived my Friday night. My SO kept trying to get me to the hospital as I was coughing up lots of gross chit. The coughing ceased today and I'm feeling better but what a wreck my kitchen is and all over a stupid ass who cleaned a chicken in my sink. Onto next week and greener pastures I hope. :D

Shop vac, $50.

Chain saw $100.

Elbow Grease $0.

Problem solved.

A plummer I am not. And really can't see myself climbing 80-100 ft up a tree with a chain saw. Shop vac worked after the main ordeal. I had forgotten I had one. I guess acid fumes don't mix too well with brain cells. :D