[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Tank Johnson - Suspended 8 Games

Since when was a DUI and serving alcohol to the youth of America ticky tack? If anything, those are worse then not having licenses for some guns. Yes, he didn't serve jail time, but still. I know, he broke probation, that is pretty bad. But I don't think the suspensions should have been equal. Chris Henry has already been suspended by the league and hasn't cleaned up his act.

Because I drank before I was 21, and have in the past probably driven when I shouldn't have. I have never broken federal gun laws. Therein lies the difference: ticky tack is something that, in the end, with no one hurt is something most of us have done or would have done in the past.

Again, where is Henry's body count? That isn't a ticky tack fact and shouldn't be ignored when considering the Johnson issue. It's not a moot point because I don't belive his friend gettting capped the day after the bust is a 'weird coincidence.' Tank was involved in something shady that resulted in the death of a person, just like Ray Ray.

And again, the acid test comes down to what Vick gets handed if he goes down as a dogfighter.

Edited by Pope Flick

Because I drank before I was 21, and have in the past probably driven when I shouldn't have. I have never broken federal gun laws. Therein lies the difference: ticky tack is something that, in the end, with no one hurt is something most of us have done or would have done in the past.

Again, where is Henry's body count? That isn't a ticky tack fact and shouldn't be ignored when considering the Johnson issue. It's not a moot point because I don't belive his friend gettting capped the day after the bust is a 'weird coincidence.' Tank was involved in something shady that resulted in the death of a person, just like Ray Ray.

And again, the acid test comes down to what Vick gets handed if he goes down as a dogfighter.

wow i can't even begin to say how wrong you are. your facts are skewed. the law Tank broke wasn't federal it was an Illinois state law and the crime (both of his arrests and convictions by the way) was a misdemeanor. also, C. Henry was arrested in Fla for pulling a gun on some teenagers and then later when confronted by police he pointed the gun at an officer. this arrest along with his DUI and the contributing to minors charge brings him to 2 felony arrests and a misdemeanor. Tank has 2 Misdemeanors on his record. go read the reports of what tank did.

arrest 1) he had a gun in his SUV which he was not in at the time, it was a registered gun.

arrest 2) he was arrested for assault on an officer, the charge was dropped when witness' said the officer was the aggressor in the situation

arrest 3) he had guns in his house that were legally registered to him, and bullets to go with those guns. He failed to produce a valid firearms owners ID card for the weapons(this is an Illinois specific requirement not demanded in his home state of AZ) he was again arrested on a misdemeanor charge.

what part of this is as bad as either felony C. Henry committed?

by the way, when tanks best friend was killed he was in the bar at the time, he had no guns and didn't participate in the fight. his friend did over react and ended up paying the ultimate cost. Tank shouldn't have been in that situation and he paid for it by losing his best friend, however he commited no crime and was not arrested. he had no weapon at the time and has never been involved in a violent crime.

Edited by indybearsfan

wow i can't even begin to say how wrong you are. your facts are skewed. the law Tank broke wasn't federal it was an Illinois state law and the crime (both of his arrests and convictions by the way) was a misdemeanor. also, C. Henry was arrested in Fla for pulling a gun on some teenagers and then later when confronted by police he pointed the gun at an officer. this arrest along with his DUI and the contributing to minors charge brings him to 2 felony arrests and a misdemeanor. Tank has 2 Misdemeanors on his record. go read the reports of what tank did.

arrest 1) he had a gun in his SUV which he was not in at the time, it was a registered gun.

arrest 2) he was arrested for assault on an officer, the charge was dropped when witness' said the officer was the aggressor in the situation

arrest 3) he had guns in his house that were legally registered to him, and bullets to go with those guns. He failed to produce a valid firearms owners ID card for the weapons(this is an Illinois specific requirement not demanded in his home state of AZ) he was again arrested on a misdemeanor charge.

what part of this is as bad as either felony C. Henry committed?

by the way, when tanks best friend was killed he was in the bar at the time, he had no guns and didn't participate in the fight. his friend did over react and ended up paying the ultimate cost. Tank shouldn't have been in that situation and he paid for it by losing his best friend, however he commited no crime and was not arrested. he had no weapon at the time and has never been involved in a violent crime.

At one point I had heard that the gun laws he broke consisted of something he had done in transporting the weapons from Arizona to Illinois, this making them federal.

Beyond that, this is a silly debate> who's done worse to deserve their punishment. I'm not getting deeper into this because it'll sound like I'm defending a criminal. Needless to say it breaks down pretty clearly: Tank Johnson has to this point spent more time in jail than either Henry or Pacman. His suspension, if reduced to 6 games, will be the lightest of the 3. I'm not upset at the NFL for doing this, it's on Tank.

At one point I had heard that the gun laws he broke consisted of something he had done in transporting the weapons from Arizona to Illinois, this making them federal.

Beyond that, this is a silly debate> who's done worse to deserve their punishment. I'm not getting deeper into this because it'll sound like I'm defending a criminal. Needless to say it breaks down pretty clearly: Tank Johnson has to this point spent more time in jail than either Henry or Pacman. His suspension, if reduced to 6 games, will be the lightest of the 3. I'm not upset at the NFL for doing this, it's on Tank.

I don't think it's that silly of a debate because the fact of the matter is Tank got the same suspension as Chris Henry, who once again I would argue did worse and obviously "more" stuff wrong. The info the one post above stated brings up VERY interesting and accurate points. I find it hard to argue against that.

The jail time fact, once again, is a moot point because Pacman got more than both these guys and didn't serve one day in jail.

The suspension will hopefully get reduced to 6 games if he behaves which I think he will. If he doesn't, then he will have proved a lot of people wrong.

Edited by Goopster24

he broke no fereral laws, you can believe me or you can read the news paper, but he never broke a federal law. had the guns not been registered he would have, but all the guns found in his home were properly registered weapons in the state of AZ.

perhaps you should look up the diference between felonies and misdemeanors. Tank served jail time on a misdemeanor. Tank has never been charged with a felony. C. Henry has been charged with 2 felonies and a misdemeanor, PacMan has been charged with 3 felonies and 2 misdemeanors. I'm not seeing the similarities or why Tank shouldn't have gotten less than Henry and Jones. I'm not saying he's a good guy, I don't know him. I'm saying in the eyes of the law he did less than the other two and should be suspended accordingly. you should read up on it a little and i think you will come to the same conclusions.

And you should try being a far less condescending prick. There are enough of those around here.

not intended as condescending, but you have said several things in this thread that are not true. I, nor anyone else, would consider the facts as you presented them to be accurate or all inclusive. when you are condemning a man, especially one you don't personally know, I find it kind of important to know all the particulars. Its about respecting the man in question as much as it is about respecting your peers on this board. so if you felt attacked I'm sorry. I was irritated at how you tried to come across as an expert on this topic while speaking so many half truths and misrepresentations. I'm sure it wasn't intentional, but keep in mind the audience is listening and when you make an effort to present facts you should take the time to check them. if you just want to state your opinion, by all means, but facts are not open to interpretation. its the blowhards in the media that have perpetrated this attitude among you and most others that what tank did was on par with what Henry and Jones did, I don't blame you for not knowing, i blame them.

not intended as condescending, but you have said several things in this thread that are not true. I, nor anyone else, would consider the facts as you presented them to be accurate or all inclusive. when you are condemning a man, especially one you don't personally know, I find it kind of important to know all the particulars. Its about respecting the man in question as much as it is about respecting your peers on this board. so if you felt attacked I'm sorry. I was irritated at how you tried to come across as an expert on this topic while speaking so many half truths and misrepresentations. I'm sure it wasn't intentional, but keep in mind the audience is listening and when you make an effort to present facts you should take the time to check them. if you just want to state your opinion, by all means, but facts are not open to interpretation. its the blowhards in the media that have perpetrated this attitude among you and most others that what tank did was on par with what Henry and Jones did, I don't blame you for not knowing, i blame them.

I appreciate that, and also appreciate your pointing out that they weren't federal charges. I'm not going on a full fledged search to find the origin of that belief, but a cursory follow up of your links showed I was certainly wrong on that.

I do take issue that I am condemning or judging the guy. I was very tempered with CHenry and felt the same thing should have come across when talking about Tank. However, let's face it: these guys are both unsavory and I don't want to get into a debate over who is less of a sleaze bag.

I'll leave it at that, and suggest that maybe Tank should hire Chris Henry's attorney.