[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Tank Johnson - Suspended 8 Games

Suspension could be reduced to six games if…

• There are no further adverse involvement with law enforcement, and full compliance with any requirements imposed by a court

• There is compliance with all league requirements including counseling

• No participation in any practices or Organized Team Activities during the eight game suspension.

I know the league had to do this in order to look consistent while fighting off a Pacman appeal, but I think Tank got shafted on this entire deal.

How so? Out of all these guys, he's the one who actually has been found guilty/admitted wrongdoing AND served jail time.

Let's be clear: as far as the Bears personnel goes, Tank was solid but he wasn't "all that" and there are an easy half dozen, if not more, guys who are more important to their D than Tank is.

Of course now that this has come down, THarris better be back with a vengeance.

Let's be clear: as far as the Bears personnel goes, Tank was solid but he wasn't "all that" and there are an easy half dozen, if not more, guys who are more important to their D than Tank is.

Of course now that this has come down, THarris better be back with a vengeance.

I would disagree with that 100%. Tank is VERY underrated and even when this Bears defense was healthy, their weakness was stopping the run, time and time again. I somewhat worried, especially after trading away Ian Scott.

I would disagree with that 100%. Tank is VERY underrated and even when this Bears defense was healthy, their weakness was stopping the run, time and time again. I somewhat worried, especially after trading away Ian Scott.

Urlacher

MBrown

Harris

Vasher

Anderson

ABrown

I don't know - I'd rather lose Tank than any of these guys. You've still got OGun and Tillman as well - and who am I not listing who won't play in camp at the very least? Also, their DT pickup Adams is going to come in handy, and Dvorcek (Tanks OU teammate) is healthy this year.

Agreed - and especially the short pass out to the RB. That completely destroyed us at the SB .

But that was playcalling and scheming, not necessarily personnel: Rivera crawled into a shell after the man coverage was blown on the Wayne TD in the 1st quarter. They went soft and didn't blitz. Oh.....don't get me started. :D

But that was playcalling and scheming, not necessarily personnel: Rivera crawled into a shell after the man coverage was blown on the Wayne TD in the 1st quarter. They went soft and didn't blitz. Oh.....don't get me started. :D

Either way, you take out a solid player that directly helps in the run stopping effort, and I don't like the sound of that. Of course there are "better" players on this Bears defense but I bet you Tank's value around the league would be sky high.

Are most people on the thinking that this was too many games or what? I personally think it was. Henry did many more things wrong.

Henry had a few DUIs, and provided alcohol to a minor. There was a gun charge as well, but he served no jail time.

Tank was up to some shady stuff, remember these were FEDERAL laws that he broke and his bodyguard got shot in what seemed to be a linked event. So I'm not sure quantity trumps what went down in Tank's backyard: guns and shooting death.

In any event if 8 games with a reduction to 6 is what he gives Tank I think the far more important gauge will be what he does to Vick if the dogfighting stuff sticks. That will be the acid test.

I wrote about how I thought the suspension was too much given what Henry did and got. Here is a link if anyone is interested, let me know what you think.

Link

Your logic is skewed, and demonstrates perhaps a not complete understanding of Tank's charges.

The fact of the matter is, the despite Henry's charges they are ticky tack compared to Tank's. All those charges, etc and Henry only got two days in jail. Tank's charges landed him in jail for 4 months. How you can argue a series of smaller crimes is greater than a whale of one is a logic I will neither subscribe to nor accept. An associate of Tank's is dead. How large is Henry's body count?

Also, your cut and past from Wiki included the sex crime charge that was dropped and have police contemplating false police report charges against the accuser. In all fairness, that simply should not be included because it's been dismissed.

Your logic is skewed, and demonstrates perhaps a not complete understanding of Tank's charges.

The fact of the matter is, the despite Henry's charges they are ticky tack compared to Tank's. All those charges, etc and Henry only got two days in jail. Tank's charges landed him in jail for 4 months. How you can argue a series of smaller crimes is greater than a whale of one is a logic I will neither subscribe to nor accept. An associate of Tank's is dead. How large is Henry's body count?

Also, your cut and past from Wiki included the sex crime charge that was dropped and have police contemplating false police report charges against the accuser. In all fairness, that simply should not be included because it's been dismissed.

The idea of jail clearly doesn't matter because Pacman hasn't been to jail once yet is gone for the year.

And Henry's charges are ticky tack compared to Tank's? Since when was a DUI and serving alcohol to the youth of America ticky tack? If anything, those are worse then not having licenses for some guns. Yes, he didn't serve jail time, but still. I know, he broke probation, that is pretty bad. But I don't think the suspensions should have been equal. Chris Henry has already been suspended by the league and hasn't cleaned up his act.

Edited by Goopster24

Also about the body count, that was Tank's best friend too, like we all know. Tank had nothing to do about it, as far as we know, yet people love to speculate about that stuff. I don't see it, sorry. I think that is a moot point.

Again, all I am arguing is that if Henry got 8 games, Tank shouldn't have gotten as much.