[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Quickbooks Question

twiley

I have a client that is trying to send me their customer list for a direct mail campaign and they're using Quickbooks 2004. They're having issues, well, they're clueless on how to export the quickbooks file into Excel.

I don't use Quickbooks nor do I pretend to, but we have Quickbooks 2007 and there's a nice little button to press under "Customer Center" that allows us to easily export the file into excel. It appears that this isn't an option for 2004.

Anyone know how to export to Excel out of Quickbooks 2004?

Quickbooks 2004 works pretty much the same if you are trying to export a file to excel.

Edit: Run the report that you want. At the top of the report is an "export" button, click that. Check that box that says "a new excel workbook" and then "export". When the excel files pops up they will need to save it and then they can send it to you.

Depending on how large the file is it may take a few minutes to export it to excel.

Edited by BYoder

Quickbooks 2004 works pretty much the same if you are trying to export a file to excel.

Edit: Run the report that you want. At the top of the report is an "export" button, click that. Check that box that says "a new excel workbook" and then "export". When the excel files pops up they will need to save it and then they can send it to you.

Depending on how large the file is it may take a few minutes to export it to excel.

Thanks, that guy must be an idiot then because I kept asking him if there was an export button for him to click and he said no.

Edited by twiley

Thanks, that guy must be an idiot then because I kept asking him if there was an export button for him to click and he said no.

We only have the accountant's edition of Quickbooks so I guess its possible that he has the basic version and it doesn't have the option to export to excel. :D

The version I have also has the an e-mail button that will create a pdf of the report and attach it to an e-mail, but I've never used it before so I'm not sure how easy it is to use.

We only have the accountant's edition of Quickbooks so I guess its possible that he has the basic version and it doesn't have the option to export to excel. :D

The version I have also has the an e-mail button that will create a pdf of the report and attach it to an e-mail, but I've never used it before so I'm not sure how easy it is to use.

Crap, I wouldn't doubt it that he has the basic version.

If QB is backwards compatible, perhaps he could send you the QB file and you could export from your version (all for a nominal fee of course... assuming it is click of a button, I believe that would be at least a $50 file conversion fee)?

Edited by Big Country

If QB is backwards compatible, perhaps he could send you the QB file and you could export from your version (all for a nominal fee of course... assuming it is click of a button, I believe that would be at least a $50 file conversion fee)?

That would work, but it would take a while to convert from 2004 to 2007 and depending on how much information they have in Quickbooks it may be a very large file. The client may not want twiley to see all of their financial information, also.