[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Judge does something right...

alexgaddis

Man, I had a lot of consensual sex when I was 15, 16 , and 17 with girls that were also those ages at the time. I can't imagine spending a couple of years in jail (let alone the proposed 10 years) for doing that.

Without knowing the facts, on the basis of this story I'd have to agree with you alex that the Judge got this one right this time by letting him go.

Man, I had a lot of consensual sex when I was 15, 16 , and 17 with guys that were also those ages at the time. I can't imagine spending a couple of years in jail (let alone the proposed 10 years) for doing that.

Without knowing the facts, on the basis of this story I'd have to agree with you alex that the Judge got this one right this time by letting him go.

Fixed.

not quite over yet... what a d-bag that attorney general must be.

Monday's ruling doesn't ensure Wilson's freedom, though.

Georgia Attorney General Thurbert Baker said Monday afternoon that he had filed notice of appeal, arguing that Georgia law does not give a judge authority to reduce or modify the sentence imposed by the trial court. He said he would seek an expedited ruling from the Georgia Supreme Court.

Here is the original story. One of the biggest crocks of crap I've ever see. The prosecutor's attitude of "Yeah I can make it go away but he's not kissing my a$$ enough" makes me sick.

Barker is quick to point out that he offered Wilson a plea after he'd been found guilty -- the first time he has ever done that. Of course, the plea was the same five years he'd offered before the trial -- not taking into account the rape acquittal. Barker thinks five years is fair for receiving oral sex from a schoolmate. None of the other defendants insisted on a jury trial. Wilson did. He rolled the dice, and he lost. The others, he says, "took their medicine."

"We can set aside his sentence," Barker says. "Legally, it's still possible for us to set aside his sentence and give him a new sentence to a lesser charge. But it's up to us. He has no control over it."

a--hole! I hope he ends up without a job when this is all done.

Edited by Vicky