[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Father's Day Golf

AtomicCEO

Just finished my Member-Guest up on Saturday, so today is couch time and the US Open for myself. We all work hard to care and provide for our wives and children....sit back smile and enjoy the fruits of our/your labors.....Happy FF to all the rest of the Dad's.

... tees off at 6:07am in this neck of the woods.

May you hit at least one fantastic shot today that makes you forget about your total score and get you back on the course another day.

Went off at 6:46am. I think you got it right for the most part with the one fantastic shot part. I don't know what is going on with me. I am struggling to get out of the tee box and I am pulling a lot of my iron shots. Overall another pretty bad day with a 93. :D It always seems like as soon as I put it all together...

Happy Father's Day to all of us anyway.

Edited by Skippy

Went off at 6:46am. I think you got it right for the most part with the one fantastic shot part. I don't know what is going on with me. I am struggling to get out of the tee box and I am pulling a lot of my iron shots. Overall another pretty bad day with a 93. :D It always seems like as soon as I put it all together...

Don't feel to bad Skippy, my Bro-Law did not cut me one hole in the 27 we played on Friday( and he had 7 strokes per 9), then in our middle 9 hole match the other team was stroking off my ball and I had to give them 5 strokes total.....and I had my worst 9 holes in.....most likely 12-15 years....a 48, combine that with my Bro-Law being the invisible man.....well, I halfed the 6th hole for a 1/2 point and they thumped us 8 1/2 to 1/2. We came to chew bubble gum and kick azz on Saturday....and we were all outta bubble gum, the Saturday round is just 2- 9 hole matches and we went 5-4 and 6-3 to go undefeated on Saturday....a little late. I opened with a triple bogey on the first hole....then shot 82 from the blues in tourney conditions....put the same ball back in my bag that I put on the tee that morning......but that's the fickle mistress called golf.

Went off at 6:46am. I think you got it right for the most part with the one fantastic shot part. I don't know what is going on with me. I am struggling to get out of the tee box and I am pulling a lot of my iron shots. Overall another pretty bad day with a 93. :tup: It always seems like as soon as I put it all together...

See... I was pretty happy with my 97. :D

The highlight of the day was my buddy hitting an eagle on the par 5 hole 14. His drive was in the rough behind the big trap, and it was a blind second shot. He asked me what to hit, and I told him to poke a 6 iron over the trap for a 100 yard pitch to the green.

"Do you think I can make it with a 3 wood?" Not a chance, dude. Blind shot, over water, with a tree right in front of the green. Crazy talk. Skill alone will not get you there. He swung it anyway. We all knew it was in the water until we got to the green, and his ball was sitting 30 feet from the pin. Then he snaked the putt in. Ridiculous.

EDIT: The other highlight was my other friend hitting the clubhouse on 18. :D Guys on the 10th tee scattered, and it bounced off the patio and off the building. Good stuff.

Edited by AtomicCEO