[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Rookie Keeper League

First, this is a 10-team league w/performance scoring, 6-pts for all TD's and 1-pt for receptions, and we can keep 1-rookie we drafted the previous year. I drafted 3-rookies, Greg Jennings(13), Jerious Norwood (15), and Laurence Maroney(4), I have already traded Jennings. I am struggling with keeping Norwood or Maroney. The reason being I have read a lot of busts/injuries regarding Maroney and nothing but positive and the skies the limit for Norwood. I am considering keeping Norwood right now even though I didn't think that way throughout the offseason.

Second, I draft at #8 and am thinking about taking two stud WR's and then maybe getting someone like Edgerrin James in the 3rd round. The reason for this is every year I go with the 2-RB's in the first and second and I am left with tier 2 WR's and while I usually end up with 4-good WR's I never have that one stud I can count on every week. I am thinking I could get Chad Johnson, Steve Smith, Larry Fitz, and maybe even TO and then have one of my keeper RB's from above and pair them with one of the keepers above.

TIA and I appreciate any insight/advice.

First, this is a 10-team league w/performance scoring, 6-pts for all TD's and 1-pt for receptions, and we can keep 1-rookie we drafted the previous year. I drafted 3-rookies, Greg Jennings(13), Jerious Norwood (15), and Laurence Maroney(4), I have already traded Jennings. I am struggling with keeping Norwood or Maroney. The reason being I have read a lot of busts/injuries regarding Maroney and nothing but positive and the skies the limit for Norwood. I am considering keeping Norwood right now even though I didn't think that way throughout the offseason.

Maroney without a doubt. Reason being is that he's playing behind a solid line, and has teams focusing on Brady, Moss, Stallworth, Watson, Welker...

Sure, Maroney has injury concerns, but what runningback outside of LT has none? Norwood is small, and I never see him carrying the full load. He also has to deal with Warrick Dunn taking carries, as well as a team and offense that is very questionable to me... Is Harrington really going to have to start? That right there is reason enough.

Maroney is clearly the better value right now, but keep a very close eye on him during the preseason. He doesn't seem to be recovering from his shoulder injury very quickly. You may want to go with Norwood if Maroney is struggling during July & early August.

Maroney is clearly the better value right now, but keep a very close eye on him during the preseason. He doesn't seem to be recovering from his shoulder injury very quickly. You may want to go with Norwood if Maroney is struggling during July & early August.

The Pats say Maroney will be ready for training camp, and they have not signed much RB depth, so it looks like they aren't worried too much by his injury. I have him in a rookie keeper league as well so i'm trying to follow the news on him as much as possible.

The best thing to do is keep looking for updates until Bellichek finally speaks to the public about it.

Second, I draft at #8 and am thinking about taking two stud WR's and then maybe getting someone like Edgerrin James in the 3rd round. The reason for this is every year I go with the 2-RB's in the first and second and I am left with tier 2 WR's and while I usually end up with 4-good WR's I never have that one stud I can count on every week. I am thinking I could get Chad Johnson, Steve Smith, Larry Fitz, and maybe even TO and then have one of my keeper RB's from above and pair them with one of the keepers above.

Maybe you could get a stud WR in the first round, then look for some depth at RB in the second. I personally think there is a lot of WR depth this year, so even in rounds 3 and 4 you should be able to find some solid receivers.