[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Motorcycles

peepinmofo

Are motorcycle accidents caused by idiot drivers, or idiot riders? I know the answer is both...

Reading the Aarington thread in the FF Forum, I had to post in there because I think it is a bikers responsibility to watch for cars just as much as it is a car to watch for bikers. Its really about watching out for ANYONE or ANYTHING when operating a vehicle of any kind.

The thing that really tickles my balogna is the way some of these bikers ride. I know not all of them ride like that, but when I see a biker weaving in and out, passing cars in the emergency lane because of traffic, and just being stupid on the highway, me personally, I would rather see them get hit then to have them injure an innocent person.

My brother rides like that, and it pisses me off because I know someday it will bite him in the ass.

I've had people tell me that in California it is legal for bikers to pass in between two cars on the freeway. I saw somebody here in Texas trying to do that and they almost got run over by a pickup truck that saw him coming and moved over right on the line to block him from passing. I think the biker had a deathwish.

I've had people tell me that in California it is legal for bikers to pass in between two cars on the freeway. I saw somebody here in Texas trying to do that and they almost got run over by a pickup truck that saw him coming and moved over right on the line to block him from passing. I think the biker had a deathwish.

Yup, it is legal in Cali. I was in SD 3 years ago and I just couldn't believe it. Stopped traffic, imagine if you opened your door to pour out your drink or spit or whatever and BAM. He's toast. Stupid if you ask me.

There are idiot drivers and riders. Most people are careful when they drive/ride. It's the few a-holes that make the roads unsafe for everyone. Some of these young kids ride their crotch rockets like they're invincible. Drives me nuts. Some people in cars, on the other hand think that because they're surrounded by steel it makes them invincible. Fektards they are. Had a co-worker a few years ago was driving home from work in his SUV. Some young punk ran him off the highway a half mile from his exit and he hit a steel pole and died. Turns out the dude was drunk and tried to flee the scene. Other drivers got his license plate # and he was busted. But my co-worker died. That just plain sucks. Now I'm not singling out the young people here. There are drivers/riders of all ages that are just plain stupid and careless with no regard for other people on the road.

I'd love to hear more about Arrington' accident to see who was at fault. I'll bet either he or the other driver was driving/riding like a stupid arss. :D

Live in CA and reckless lane splitting irks me to no end (former bike rider myself). I have no problem when traffic on the highway is at a standstill. I see the cautious riders split lanes between vehicles, no problem. But, the ones that zip tween cars about 40> mph are fektards. Also, those that split lanes while the traffic is not impeded nothing but major fektards. If motorcycles want to be respected on the roads obey the rules like cars/suv/big rigs etc.

Yup, it is legal in Cali. I was in SD 3 years ago and I just couldn't believe it. Stopped traffic, imagine if you opened your door to pour out your drink or spit or whatever and BAM. He's toast. Stupid if you ask me.

I did this, but on a bicycle in NYC. Going full out between 2 lanes of cars at a red light, a taxi door opened and I went right into the door. I went over the handlebars and somehow landed on my feet. My hand was sliced up from the door and my bike needed over $100 worth of repairs. I wasn't wearing a helmet, and I could have easily been killed. I was probably going about 15 MPH at the time. Having this happen on a motorcycle must be 10 times the mess.

I now wear a helmet when cycling.