[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Possible LJ for LT Trade - Advice

bigredhoo

Standard scoring league -- 10 teams. We each keep two players (any position). I currently have LJ and S. Jackson and am trying to score LT as one of my keepers. LT's owner will likely keep LT and L. Fitz. I previously offered LJ and this year's first rounder. He was tempted, but no dice. I offered this year's and next's year's first rounder + LJ. I haven't yet heard back, but he'll probaby decline. My question -- what, if anything, do you feel would be a fair offer for LT that wouldn't completely kill my team? Do I offer my first two picks + LJ? How far would you go to get "The Man"?

IMHO that is too much to give up to get "the man". You have to take into account that if you move out of the 1st 2 rounds, LT would have to make up the difference in whatever players you get to fill those positions that you would have gotten in the 1st two rounds.

For example. Say you would have picked your WR1 and WR2 with those two picks. The dropoff will be so great at that position by the 3rd round that LT would have to do better than he did last season to make that worth while.

LT had a magical season last year, and I think that any owner out there who thinks he is going to duplicate those numbers is in for a long season. He will probably still be a top 3 RB, and probably the best back, but to make that deal he would have to have one of the all time great seasons in NFL history.

Just my opinion. I say stand pat with LJ and SJax. those two together will outscore LT + whatever his RB2 is. Use your 1st two picks to get stud WR's or a big QB. fill holes......... RB is not your need.

Am I missing something here? A 2 keeper league & you're offering LJ & 2 1st rounders for LT? And the other guy is balking?

You've got 2 of the top 3 players in the league as your keepers, and you're not satisfied with that enormous advantage, so you decide to piss it away by trading for the top 2 instead of 2 of the top 3 players in the draft by trading away 1st round picks?

I'd take those picks in a heartbeat & screw you over something fierce - hell, I wouldn't even give you a reach around no matter how much you begged. You're offering way too much.

Edited by Bronco Billy

Gentlemen,

Good advice. I took the deal off the table before he replied. I definitely got a little too greedy in trying to get LT instead of thinking of the HUGH advantage I already have over the rest of the league. Thanks for bringing me back down to earth.

Peace.

Gentlemen,

Good advice. I took the deal off the table before he replied. I definitely got a little too greedy in trying to get LT instead of thinking of the HUGH advantage I already have over the rest of the league. Thanks for bringing me back down to earth.

Peace.

:D

Mistakes happen. Good job retracting and maintaining your incredibly strong position.