[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Standard Huddle Dynasty Auction

Well not standard....

19 man roster - non IDP. 5 Taxi sqauds. We are given $100 FA dollars to bid at the beginning of the year - I walked into the FA auction with $28

Unlike most huddle Dynasties... we use a franchise ($20) and a transition tag ($10). UFA can be bid on along with RFAs and we have the auction after the rookie draft - beyond that... a standard huddle dynasty format... :D

anyway.... I went into this by far the poorest person cash wise and I think (so far) I have done pretty well for myself thus far...

Simian Zootsuits

John Kasay - PK - CAR - $1

David Martin - TE - MIA - $1

Ronald Curry - WR - OAK - $1

Chris Perry - RB - CIN - $1

Musa Smith - RB - BAL - $1

Brandon Jones - $1

Drew Carter - $1

sorry to be bugging you cats with such ghetto players - I just feel that I am kicking tukus with the cheap players while everyone else is overspending on the bigger name FAs (and they aren't even that good because this is the first offseason for the league and good players tended to be give 3+ year contracts in year one)

Edited by Duchess Jack

sorry to be bugging you cats with such ghetto players - I just feel that I am kicking tukus with the cheap players while everyone else is overspending on the bigger name FAs (and they aren't even that good because this is the first offseason for the league and good players tended to be give 3+ year contracts in year one)

Simian Zootsuits

John Kasay - PK - CAR - $1 Meh. He's a f'n K. You have to carry one. He's a good as any beyond the top 3 or 4

David Martin - TE - MIA - $1 Highly over-rated flavor of the offseason TE. Favre has used his TEs in the past - he didn't use Martin much, and Martin couldn't find a way to keep franks & Lee off the field. Just because he's going to a place where the TE is an opportunity doesn't have to mean he's capable of seizing the opportunity.

Ronald Curry - WR - OAK - $1 He's at best a #2 WR on a team that will really, really struggle offensively. He's been in the year 4 years, so he should have made his impact by now, but injuries have stopped him quite a bit. He's a marginal #3 FF WR, and if he's a guy you're counting on as anything more than depth you could have a troubled WR corps.

Chris Perry - RB - CIN - $1 Will get a chance to be CIN's #3 WR with Henry's stupidity. He's big, strong, & fast. Let's see if he can steal the role. I've added him as depth on a dynasty roster already, and he's probably worth risking $1 of your cap space on.

Musa Smith - RB - BAL - $1 Huh? He's been in the league 4 years and has done nothing. And because he's a RB, the clock is ticking quickly. He can't keep plowhorse Mike Anderson off the field. The only way he has value to anyone in FF right now is as a handcuff to McGahee.

Brandon Jones - $1 #1 WR on what should be a very poor passing O. He's in that marginal #3 FF WR range and doesn't have tyhe upside to become a solid FF starter in all but very deep leagues. $1 of cap room for depth isn't too bad though.

Drew Carter - $1 The at-best #3 WR on a less than prolific passing game? He's behind pass vacuum Smith & rookie Jarrett, and he'll have to battle Colbert just to get on the field for limited opportunities. This guy has roster-filler all over him. Another guy who only has value if another player gets injured.

Edited by Bronco Billy

The free agent dollars go away afte the auction (and everyone gets another $100 for the upcoming season and post season)

I don't have to sign any of these cats to a contract until late August, so it should be fun to see if anything pans out. I've a pretty solid team, so I am hoping to trade these cats in for picks or dollars for next year.

As far as Musa Smith goes, I have McGahee

The free agent dollars go away afte the auction (and everyone gets another $100 for the upcoming season and post season)

I don't have to sign any of these cats to a contract until late August, so it should be fun to see if anything pans out. I've a pretty solid team, so I am hoping to trade these cats in for picks or dollars for next year.

As far as Musa Smith goes, I have McGahee

:D

Then they are all decent options to play wait-and-see with. & Musa makes sense now.

Simian Zootsuits

Chris Perry - RB - CIN - $1 Will get a chance to be CIN's #3 WR with Henry's stupidity. He's big, strong, & fast. Let's see if he can steal the role. I've added him as depth on a dynasty roster already, and he's probably worth risking $1 of your cap space on.

[/b]

I think you might be referring to Tab Perry. Chris is the always-injured RB with no upside with Watson and Irons on the team now.

As for Curry, check last season's second-half stats when he had Walters throwing to him. And then re-evaluate your post.

I think you might be referring to Tab Perry. Chris is the always-injured RB with no upside with Watson and Irons on the team now.

As for Curry, check last season's second-half stats when he had Walters throwing to him. And then re-evaluate your post.

Holy crap, you're right. I was going too quickly & was thinking of Tab Perry.

I agree, Chris Perry has little to no value - even to Rudi owners. Irons was drafted for a reason.

Good catch there, Belushi, on my f'up.

Edited by Bronco Billy