[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

My house is in a war zone

Chavez

Well, not really, but it sounds like it every July 4th.

I have one city shooting off their fireworks about a mile SW of my house, and another shooting them off about a mile due north (the best part is I live in a different city than either). It's pretty cool.

Last year Indiana repealed a law prohibiting "out of state fireworks" in exchange for an extra 5% of the sale price going towards a fire fighting fund. Now it's legal to purchase and launch the fun ones. As a result it sounds like a war zone in most neighborhoods for about a week on each side of the 4th. Now the city is proposing an ordinance stating when fireworks can be launched as many people are complaining about all the noise. It seems that these laws go round and round in circles.

Oh and I feel so sorry for my dog during the week of the fourth, he shakes so bad and loses so much hair during that time it is totally ridiculous.

He's 14 and I know he's going to have the big one one of this Fourth's.

Both my dogs freak out as well. While your not "supposed" to shoot off fireworks in our city, my 'hood is loaded with cops and their families so pretty much anything goes around here.

Checking myself this morning it seems like I only have a couple of 2nd degree'rs from last nights festivities.