[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Auto mechanic help needed

rajncajn

My power window on the driver side quit working this morning and of course it's stuck in the down position. :D It's seemed a little wobbly when operating thoughout this past yea, but never seemed serious enough to get it checked out. Then this morning when I rolled it down this morning to get the dew off I heard a faint clunk & that was it. I tried taking the door panel of and jogging the window while operating the switch, but it was no-go. I also tried seeing if there was some kind of manual crank & didn't see anything. Now we're going into the weekend & it's been raining here every day. I'm going to tape some plastic over the window for the night & try to see if a shop is open tomorrow. If anybody has any suggestions or has some ideas what I'm looking at mechanically & possibly financially I'd appreciate it. :D

My power window on the driver side quit working this morning and of course it's stuck in the down position. :D It's seemed a little wobbly when operating thoughout this past yea, but never seemed serious enough to get it checked out. Then this morning when I rolled it down this morning to get the dew off I heard a faint clunk & that was it. I tried taking the door panel of and jogging the window while operating the switch, but it was no-go. I also tried seeing if there was some kind of manual crank & didn't see anything. Now we're going into the weekend & it's been raining here every day. I'm going to tape some plastic over the window for the night & try to see if a shop is open tomorrow. If anybody has any suggestions or has some ideas what I'm looking at mechanically & possibly financially I'd appreciate it. :D

Hey buddy, Can you hear the motor running when you operate the switch?

Which car is this? Most vehicles are simple enough that after what you have accomplished on your house you should be able to do it yourself. The question will be if it's a broken regulator (which would explain the clunk noise) do they sell the regulator seperate from the window motor. That will drastically affect the cost of the repair.

Whats with all you Huddlers breaking your cars while i'm on vacation?

Hey buddy, Can you hear the motor running when you operate the switch?

Which car is this? Most vehicles are simple enough that after what you have accomplished on your house you should be able to do it yourself. The question will be if it's a broken regulator (which would explain the clunk noise) do they sell the regulator seperate from the window motor. That will drastically affect the cost of the repair.

Whats with all you Huddlers breaking your cars while i'm on vacation?

Well, I took it to a shop this morning, my Frontier BTW, and they tell me it's the motor. Nissan doesn't carry one for the 2000 so they'll have it til Monday. It's gonna run me $245 to get it fixed, parts, labor & tax. Most stuff I can do on a vehicle, I've changed front & rear(drum) brakes, changed alternators, radiators, hoses, belts, lights, etc...I would have attempted this, but it looked like it was going to be an extreme pain in the ass to get that motor out & I really didn't know if that was the actual problem. The labor is only going to cost me $80 so I don't mind paying that to save me the trouble...besides, even though I've done quite a bit of work on them I hate working on cars. :D

Well, I took it to a shop this morning, my Frontier BTW, and they tell me it's the motor. Nissan doesn't carry one for the 2000 so they'll have it til Monday. It's gonna run me $245 to get it fixed, parts, labor & tax. Most stuff I can do on a vehicle, I've changed front & rear(drum) brakes, changed alternators, radiators, hoses, belts, lights, etc...I would have attempted this, but it looked like it was going to be an extreme pain in the ass to get that motor out & I really didn't know if that was the actual problem. The labor is only going to cost me $80 so I don't mind paying that to save me the trouble...besides, even though I've done quite a bit of work on them I hate working on cars. :D

Sounds like you have it under control. Thats a really good price for that job too!