[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Another Keeper Question

I have posted this question before but I want to get some additional opinions before I make my decision.

I am in a $300 cap 10-team Auction league where we only keep 1 player and you can only keep him one year and then he goes back into the player pool. I am leaning towards keeping Tom Brady this year. I have been offered Joseph Addai straight across. Our roster requirements are as follows:

QB- Draft 3 - Start 2

RB- Draft 4 - Start 2

We draft a total of 24 players and start 13.

Scoring as follows:

Quarterback

• 4 pts - for passing touchdowns of 1-39 yards

• 6 pts – for passing touchdowns of 40-49 yards

• 8 pts – for passing touchdowns of 50+yards

• 0.05 pts for each 1 passing yard (example- 324 yards passing =16.2 pts)

• 1 pt for 2-point conversion pass

• 0.10 for each 1 yard rushing (example- 38 yards rushing =3.8 pts)

Runningbacks

• 6 pts – for rushing touchdowns of 1-19 yards

• 8 pts – for rushing touchdowns of 20-29 yards

• 10 pts – for rushing touchdowns of 30-39 yards

• 12 pts – for rushing touchdowns of 40+ yards

• 0.10 pts for each 1 yard rushing (example- 158 yards rushing =15.8 pts)

• 1 pt for each reception

• 0.10 pts for each receiving yard (example- 62 yards receiving = 6.2 pts)

I think the conventional thinking would be to retain one of the projected Top 7 RB's and make the trade but I am leaning towards keeping Brady for the following reasons:

He is the safe pick. You know what your getting.

Brady's obvious improved weapons in the passing game.

Addai's durability has been questioned. Brady has been injury free and will start 15-16 games

Roster Requirements ... start 2 QB's

I would love to hear your guys opinions.

Wow - tough call. QBs have huge value in your league. In fact, the Brady for Addai trade is probably pretty straight up value-wise. What are each guy's cap number?

This will blow you away ..... Both guys cap hit is equal and only $1.00. Brady was dropped right before week 17, I grabbed him for our normal $2.00 FA fee. Joseph Addai was also picked up at the end of the year for $2.00. Our Keeper rule is that you only have to pay 50% of what you spent for the player the previous year. Great situation for both me and the other owner offering the trade. Because last year was our 1st "Keeper" Year all the RB studs will be available this year (LT, SJax, SA, LJ, etc.) - All the more reason for me to stick with Brady.

Another question is Drafting strategy .... since I have the opportunity to have Brady for $1.00 would you go after one of the other 1st Tier QB's such as Palmer or Brees or possibly an upper 2nd Tier guy like DNabb or Bulger for around $35-$42 and then pick up a lower Tier guy where I would only have to spend $3-$6 like a Tavaris Jackson or possibly Jason Campbell. I would be using about 17% of my cap money on my QB's ($50) With this scenario I could very well dominate the QB position and then look to position myself in getting some "value" guys with upside when I go after my RB's. I really like to go after 2-3 of the Top WR in this league, It was one of the main reasons that I won the league last year.

Or for the 2nd QB would you purchase a medium Tier QB with high upside like a Alex Smith, Ben Roethlisberger, Trent Green, etc. and have an additional $15-$20 to use for my Wide Receivers?

This will blow you away ..... Both guys cap hit is equal and only $1.00. Brady was dropped right before week 17, I grabbed him for our normal $2.00 FA fee. Joseph Addai was also picked up at the end of the year for $2.00. Our Keeper rule is that you only have to pay 50% of what you spent for the player the previous year. Great situation for both me and the other owner offering the trade. Because last year was our 1st "Keeper" Year all the RB studs will be available this year (LT, SJax, SA, LJ, etc.) - All the more reason for me to stick with Brady.

That being the case, I agree with you - keep Brady. Addai could very well slip to you for a decent price with all the RBs you have listed above.

Another question is Drafting strategy .... since I have the opportunity to have Brady for $1.00 would you go after one of the other 1st Tier QB's such as Palmer or Brees or possibly an upper 2nd Tier guy like DNabb or Bulger for around $35-$42 and then pick up a lower Tier guy where I would only have to spend $3-$6 like a Tavaris Jackson or possibly Jason Campbell. I would be using about 17% of my cap money on my QB's ($50) With this scenario I could very well dominate the QB position and then look to position myself in getting some "value" guys with upside when I go after my RB's. I really like to go after 2-3 of the Top WR in this league, It was one of the main reasons that I won the league last year.

If you are spending less than 20% of your cap space on QBs in a start 2 QB/2 RB league you are doing very well. I'd strongly advise making a play for another strong QB given that scenario.

Because last year was our 2nd Keeper year all the studs are available this year (LT, LJ, SA, Sjax, Palmer, McNabb, Manning)

If you keep Brady... then I'd probably go for a high upside but cheap 2nd/3rd(different bye weeks of course) QB along with a top RB.

Other than those you mentioned, Losman might suprise this year and he is gonna go VERY cheaply, IMO... ?

If you keep Brady... then I'd probably go for a high upside but cheap 2nd/3rd(different bye weeks of course) QB along with a top RB.

Other than those you mentioned, Losman might suprise this year and he is gonna go VERY cheaply, IMO... ?

Thanks for your help. Stupid question but if you don't ask then you won't ever know right? What is IMO?

That being the case, I agree with you - keep Brady. Addai could very well slip to you for a decent price with all the RBs you have listed above.

If you are spending less than 20% of your cap space on QBs in a start 2 QB/2 RB league you are doing very well. I'd strongly advise making a play for another strong QB given that scenario.

Thanks BB. I respect your opinion a lot. Thanks for taking the time to help. I usually want to keep my QB budget at 10-15% of the cap but to get the opportunity to have 2 Top 7 QB's on my roster is very appealing in this league so I will probably go that direction and look to add 1 of the Top 10 RB and then fill the remaining 3 on value guys with upside and hope that I hit the jackpot with 1 of the 3. Then I will spend around 40% of my cap on my 5 WR and if things fall my way I will have a chance to repeat!!

You need to convince me on Losman. His schedule is scary and I would like to see them add a solid WR to compliment Evans. I feel that Losman could surprise if they can get their running game going to take some heat off him and give him some time tio throw.

I have posted this question before but I want to get some additional opinions before I make my decision.

I am in a $300 cap 10-team Auction league where we only keep 1 player and you can only keep him one year and then he goes back into the player pool. I am leaning towards keeping Tom Brady this year. I have been offered Joseph Addai straight across. Our roster requirements are as follows:

QB- Draft 3 - Start 2

RB- Draft 4 - Start 2

We draft a total of 24 players and start 13.

Scoring as follows:

Quarterback

• 4 pts - for passing touchdowns of 1-39 yards

• 6 pts – for passing touchdowns of 40-49 yards

• 8 pts – for passing touchdowns of 50+yards

• 0.05 pts for each 1 passing yard (example- 324 yards passing =16.2 pts)

• 1 pt for 2-point conversion pass

• 0.10 for each 1 yard rushing (example- 38 yards rushing =3.8 pts)

Runningbacks

• 6 pts – for rushing touchdowns of 1-19 yards

• 8 pts – for rushing touchdowns of 20-29 yards

• 10 pts – for rushing touchdowns of 30-39 yards

• 12 pts – for rushing touchdowns of 40+ yards

• 0.10 pts for each 1 yard rushing (example- 158 yards rushing =15.8 pts)

• 1 pt for each reception

• 0.10 pts for each receiving yard (example- 62 yards receiving = 6.2 pts)

I think the conventional thinking would be to retain one of the projected Top 7 RB's and make the trade but I am leaning towards keeping Brady for the following reasons:

He is the safe pick. You know what your getting.

Brady's obvious improved weapons in the passing game.

Addai's durability has been questioned. Brady has been injury free and will start 15-16 games

Roster Requirements ... start 2 QB's

I would love to hear your guys opinions.

IMO (In My Opinion) you have to keep Brady with the number of quality RB's coming back. His numbers will improve, if nothing more than from the bonuses you get for your long TD's to Moss and Stallworth. Just my take.

Croc