[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Trade a pick for Steve Smith?

mrOrange

It's a 2 keeper league and I am going to keep WMcGahee and CPortis but I have an offer to give up my 3rd round pick for Steve Smith. The is a 2 keeper league so the 3rd is actually the 5th. Should I do this and then keep WM and SS?

Also, the team that has CJohnson has to give him up this year (we can only keep guys for 3 seasons). I'm working on giving him MHarrison for CJohnson. Not sure if this will happen but it may. If I made the SSmith trade and CJohnson deal, what are you thoughts on going into the draft w/ 2WR's and no RB's. I draft 5th. Would having these 2 WR's be worth giving up WM and CP and a 3rd rounder?

It's a 2 keeper league and I am going to keep WMcGahee and CPortis but I have an offer to give up my 3rd round pick for Steve Smith. The is a 2 keeper league so the 3rd is actually the 5th. Should I do this and then keep WM and SS?

Also, the team that has CJohnson has to give him up this year (we can only keep guys for 3 seasons). I'm working on giving him MHarrison for CJohnson. Not sure if this will happen but it may. If I made the SSmith trade and CJohnson deal, what are you thoughts on going into the draft w/ 2WR's and no RB's. I draft 5th. Would having these 2 WR's be worth giving up WM and CP and a 3rd rounder?

First off, you're posting in the worng place.

Secondly, you're asking if you should acquire a 3rd keeper in a 2 keeper league. So you want to acquire Smith for a draft choice, meaning you'd be keeping Smith & 1 of either McGahee or Portis, and then you'd surrender a 3rd round pick to do it.

That doesn't benefit you in any tangible way that I see other than potentially making your draft pick next year higher.

I wouldnt do the deal. You have two legit keepers already at RB and can focus on WR in the draft. To do the deal weakens your draft position significantly while having little to no impact on the quality/value of your keepers.

Stand pat, but if you have Harrison, try to deal him for a pick if you can. Then you are improving your draft status at no cost to you.